- Related Games:
- Apex Legends
The Apex Legends “Fight Night” collection event is bringing a host of changes to the popular battle royale title across PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. Not only is there a new limited-time mode called “Airdrop Escalation Takeover,” there is also new skins, new loot-generating robots, and the Gibraltar Heirloom. What’s more, a number of balance changes and bug fixes are included in the Apex Legends 1.55 update.
Apex Legends Fight Night patch buffs and nerfs
Keen Apex Legends players will be eager to learn of the nerfs and buffs being rolled out with the Apex Legends 1.55. These include Legend buffs for Rampart and Caustic, as well as weapon tweaks for the Hemlok, Mastiff, and Prowler.
- Amped Cover: Decreased cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- Nox Gas Trap: Decreased cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds
- Decreased damage from 22 to 20.
- Spread out 3rd/4th pellets to decrease max range of 4 pellet hits (was +/- 7.5 degrees, now +/- 10)
- Reserve bullets increased from 175 to 210
Apex Legends 1.55 Update Patch Notes
New Limited-Time Mode: AIRDROP ESCALATION TAKEOVER
With this update, we’re testing a new approach to LTMs. Instead of launching as its own playlist, the Airdrop Escalation LTM will be a “takeover” of the normal “Play Apex” game mode. It’s classic Battle Royale, but with way, way more supply drops. Immediately after you leave the Jumpship, you’ll find a cluster of four supply drops across the map. During each round, more will drop—they land at the same speed as Lifeline’s Care Packages.
Each supply drop contains a fully-kitted weapon of different tiers, depending on the round. For example, Round one’s drops feature level two kitted weapons while Round four’s drops include red armor and crate weapons. As with regular fully-kitted weapons, you can’t break them down or swap their attachments onto other weapons. And, of course, regular weapons and weapons will still appear as ground loot.
PATHFINDER TOWN TAKEOVER
Drop your weapons and get ready for a brawl in Pathfinder’s Town Takeover: Fight Night style.
Entering the ring will prevent any player from using their weapons and any of their abilities. The only way to beat someone is via a bit of fist o’ cuffs. Oh, and don’t worry about any outside ring interference—no outside projectiles, grenades, or abilities can penetrate the ring’s force field.
Fight Night Collection Cosmetic Rewards
The Fight Night Collection Event brings another set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics to Apex Legends.
After having been previously decommissioned, MRVNs are now programmed to reward Legends in the arena. Only appearing in Olympus, these friendly guys will give you loot after interacting with them. They’ll produce tiered loot equal to what is shown on their screens.
- White sad face = Common level 1 loot
- Neutral blue face = Rare level 2 loot
- Pleased purple face = Epic level 3 loot
- Very Happy yellow face = Legendary Level 4 loot
Pick up your loot and thank your friendly MRVN. Or, if you’re feeling toxic, shoot them. When you do, they may drop their arm for you to store in your inventory. Taking this to another MRVN with the missing piece may get you a reward. Hi-five?
Quality of Life Changes
- Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, just press the button (or buttons, on a controller) to activate it, and you’ll pull out any stored Accelerant in your inventory and use it automatically.
- When in a lobby, if a party member leaves your lobby for any reason, all party members will be marked as “not ready.” This should stop accidental launches into a match when your buddy dipped out for a second.
- The fabled “Mark All As Seen” button has been added. Click this to remove the pesky (I mean helpful) red dots.
- Pinging the nearest respawn beacon (from spectate) will now always ping the nearest beacon unless you don’t have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, instead of defaulting to the nearest beacon in the next safe ring.
- We now show you how many treasure packs are needed to acquire the next comic page. This should just make it easier to people who are chasing the new bit of lore to know how far away they are.
- Caustic should now smash the door with his Heirloom hammer instead of his leg, if available.
- We added a small bit of information to the Find Friends box to describe a situation where your friend might not be findable because of their EA account settings.
- Fixed an issue with Bloodhound’s UI disappearing after interacting with Horizon’s Tactical.
- Fixed an issue with Wraith’s Portals getting destroyed by the Trident.
- Fixed an issue with Bangalore’s missile passing through hatch doors when they are closed in Worlds Edge.
- Fixed an issue with Mirage’s decoys not making footstep sounds.
- Fixed an issue with Hack consuming two Vault keys if two keys were in Crypto’s inventory.
- Fixed an issue with Hack getting stuck within the Trident when deployed as a passenger and the trident is on a ramp.
- Fixed an issue causing other players to teleport with Revenant if they punch Revenant when he has very little health.
- Fixed an issue that didn’t allow Revenant to deploy the Death Totem while on the Trident.
- Fixed a lot of windows in World’s Edge that prevented Loba’s bracelet from passing through.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart to place Sheila while in the Phase Runner.
- Fix an issue where UI elements stayed on screen after using Sheila.
- Fixed an issue with Horizon’s abilities not affecting Lifeline’s DOC and Crypto’s drone.
While the Black Friday collection may no longer be available, players can still click here to see what outfits and weapon skins were featured.
With the Fight Night event comes Gibraltar’s Heirloom. Get caught up on how to unlock it by using this GameRevolution guide.
Those looking to claim some rarer Apex Legends loot may be considering the Champion Edition of the game.