Japanese gamers snatched up copies of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D over the past week in droves. Of course, when they realized they had nothing to play the cartridges on, they had to head back into their respective game stores to pick up a Nintendo 3DS. Let's hit the numbers, but stick around for some commentary from GameRevolution. Put your two cents in the comments and don't forget to nominate any you feel are worthy of The People Speak.
1. Cardboard Senki (PSP): 166,187
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS): 164,110
3. Yakuza OF THE END (PS3): 53,775
4. I love the physical phosphorus Biyi over Stein's Gate (Xbox 360): 31,666
5. Stein's Gate Double Pack (Xbox 360): 11,041
6. Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS): 9,062
7. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Professional (DS): 7,997
8. Battle & More! Typing Pokemon DS (DS): 6,609
9. Wii Party (Wii): 6,556
10. One Piece Unlimited Cruise Specials (3DS): 6,549
Don't you just love Google Translate? I swear to God, if I love the physical phosphorus Biyi over Stein's Gate doesn't come stateside I will lose my f***ing mind. With that said, moving a ton of Ocarina of Time 3D doesn't mean that the PSP is down and out. In fact, you'll have noticed that PSP title earned the top spot in the software charts by only 77 units. I'm sure Nintendo is more than happy with the single-week lead in hardware sales. We'll see next week if the 3DS can maintain its sales pace. I would have thought that Japanese gamers would have had enough PSPs with the Vita launch looming in the coming months. Thoughts?