- Related Games:
- Bayonetta 2
Nintendo's Bayonetta 2 Nintendo Direct presentation provided tons of details on Bayonetta 2, releasing on Nintendo Wii U (and bundled with a code to download the original game) October 24th, 2014.
Here are some of the details from the full presentation, which we'll update this post with shortly.
- Bayonetta 2 can be played in a variety of different modes with unique options for gamers who are unsure of themselves in action games.
- Bayonetta 2 also offers a touch mode using the stylus on the Wii U GamePad.
- Bayonetta will have multiple weapons, just like in the first game, though players can equip two and switch between them seamlessly in combat.
- Umbran Climax adds damage and offers players a means of storing up magic energy for a tough battle they know they'll want to cut through as quickly as possible.
- Treehouse team members offered tips for players, both on dodging in combat and which weapons work well in combination.
- Bayonetta 2 will take players into unique locations for combat, including aerial, underwater, and vehicle battles (which featured in the first game as well).
- Bayonetta 2 will feature Nintendo cross-over costumes, including a Princess Peach costume and a Samus Aran costume that actually add new moves to the game.
- Weapon Shop keeper Rodin will be playable in Tag Climax mode which offers Halos in addition to those gathered in the story mode.
We'll have more coverage of Bayonetta 2 before release, including impressions from our most recent hands-on with the game at PAX Prime 2014.