- Related Games:
- Madden NFL 15
PlayStation 4 has once again proven to be the favorite console among consumers, taking first place in hardware sales for the eighth month in a row, according to NPD results.
In addition, Madden NFL 15 sold more on PS4 than other competing platforms—I'm looking at you, Xbox One! However, that isn't to say that August was a total bust for the Big M, as sales for the platform nearly doubled, thanks largely to the release of the Madden console bundle.
As far as software was concerned, Madden NFL 15 unsurprisingly took the top spot, followed closely thereafter by Diablo III and the world-building game that just won't quit, Minecraft. Here's the full top 10 list:
- Madden NFL 15 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
- Minecraft (360, PS3)
- The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC, NWU)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, NWU, PS4, 3DS, NDS, XBO, PSV, PC)
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (360, PS3, PS4, XBO)
- Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, XBO, PC)
- Battlefield 4 (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, PC)
- The LEGO Movie Videogame (360, 3DS, PS3, NWU, PS4, XBO, PSV)
Do you think PlayStation 4 will be able to hold its spot at number one throughout the rest of 2014? Sound off with your sales predictions in the comments below.