Gamers who also like to watch games might like to know that they'll have the opportunity to get hands-on with the latest Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS at a tailgate party near them, particularly if they live near a major university with a big football program.
Nintendo Vice President of Sales & Marketing Scott Moffitt said in a press release detailing the promotion that "College football fans need to get their game faces on and their Super Smash Bros. skills ready."
"Each week we're going to track the number of Super Smash Bros. winners from each school and announce who comes out on top of Facebook, so bragging rights are on the line."
Here's the schedule of football games where Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS will appear:
- October 4th, 2014 – LSU at Auburn
- October 11th, 2014 – Penn State at Michigan
- October 18th, 2014 – Georgia vs. Arkansas
- October 25th, 2014 – Alabama at Tennessee
- November 1st, 2014 – Florida vs. Georgia
- November 8th, 2014 – Alabama at LSU
- November 15th, 2014 – Florida State at Miami
- November 22nd, 2014 – Louisville at Notre Dame
- November 29th, 2014 – Michigan at Ohio State
Don't forget to read our review of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS here and be sure to look for more coverage including tips and tricks before the game is made available at retail and via the Nintendo eShop on October 3rd.