To many city management simulator fans Cities: Skylines' release in 2015 was a treat. It focused on delivering the offline-oriented experience that fans of classic SimCity desired after 2013's troubled launch, and it so in spectacular and budget-friendly fashion.
Since Cities: Skylines' launch less than a year ago it's introduced a multitude of patches and a single expansion: After Dark. Similar to the vanilla experience, After Dark was a well-thought out package that delivered what fans wanted.
The success of the game has earned continued support from Paradox Interactive, and that means that yet another expansion is wrapping up development. The second expansion is being called Snowfall, and it will include all the following:
- Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a new “Winter” map theme with snow and all of its challenges
- The Streetcars You Desire: Expanded public transportation options, including easier management of existing lines – and Trams, a new system demanded by fans
- World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity, unless new water-based heat systems are in place
- Plowers to the People: Build a snowplow depot to keep traffic flowing during winter weather, and employ new road maintenance systems to keep your streets in shape
- New Chirps: #yeahthereare
Below is the official reveal trailer which shows in-game footage of the snow and new transportation.
No price has been announced, but it's expected to debut at $14.99. It will arrive "later this year".