This week, I’m bringing you the best deals around for our final whole week in October. The creepy crawlies are out in full swing as we near the holiday of All Hallow’s Eve. In accordance, many of the major publishers like Sony and Nintendo have dropped some new Halloween-themed sales for you to sift through.
But, it wouldn’t be complete without some deals on games that actually release this week. Destiny 2 launches today on PC, the first in the series for PC gamers. Complete with 4K visuals, increased frame rate, and more, you’ll be glad to know that you don’t have to pay the full asking price of $59.99 for it even on day one.
Lastly, there’s the big red elephant in the room called Super Mario Odyssey. It comes out this Friday, October 27th, and many Switch owners have been clamoring for it since its official announcement at the beginning of this year. For those that have yet to pre-order it and want it digitally, we’ve got a deal for you.
Being that the Switch is region-free, this means that you can purchase and play any game from across the world with ease. In fact, most major Japanese Nintendo games, including Super Mario Odyssey, have the English translation included. As such, Amazon JP has the digital version of Odyssey on sale for 10% off.
That, coupled with currency exchange, rings up to a fair price. The best part is the game will be activated at midnight in Japan, meaning you’ll get to play long before the Western owners.
Check out all of the best deals for this week in gaming:
- Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines PC: $4.99
- Super NES Edition New 3DS XL (comes with Mario Kart): $199.99
- Homefront: The Revolution PS4: $9.99 ($7.99 w/ GCU)
- PSN’s Sale of the Dead Week Two (Dead Rising, Resident Evil series, Dead by Daylight)
- Nintendo Switch Weekly Sale (The Count Lucanor, Cave Story, Snake Pass, Vaccine)
- Destiny 2 PC: $53.99 (GMG), $47.88 (Frys)
- Super Mario Odyssey Japanese (includes English): ~$51.70 (Amazon JP Digital)