Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood is out, and already a large number of level 70s across every server. With that, we’re able to get a good idea of how to level quickly to the new level cap.
I have reached level 70 on my Paladin and 66 on my Machinist. In addition, I’ve spoken to other level capped players about what they think are the fastest methods. Below are the five most recommended choices for earning experience.
- 1. Duty Roulette (50/60, Leveling, and Trial) – This has always been the fastest way to gain experience, and that’s no different in Stormblood. This should be prioritized each day.
- 2. Dungeons – This is a tricky choice, as it depends heavily on your queue times. If you’re a tank or healer, queueing for dungeons repeatedly is the fastest way to reach level cap. If you’re a DPS you can expect 30+ minute queues, so you’ll want to either group with a tank/healer or do other experience earning tasks such as FATEs while waiting.
- 3. PvP (Frontlines, Shatter) – The queue times for Shatter are incredibly fast, and you’ll earn around 700,000 experience per run. This isn’t as much as dungeons, but is much more relaxed in nature, allowing you to watch Netflix or YouTube while earning fast experience.
- 4. MSQ – You can only do this one time per character, and its efficiency is very inconsistent. However, it is required to unlock a lot of content, particularly trials and dungeons.
- 5. FATEs – These can be great when an experience bonus is assigned (which can be seen on the map). However, many of them aren’t worth your time. This is only a fair option if you’re a DPS waiting for a dungeon queue to pop.
With the above in mind, you will want to skip regular quests as they are inefficient.
Curious about how long it takes to reach level 70? Find out on our quick guide here.