Omega: Deltascape is the first raid for Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. At launch, only Normal difficulty is available, although a Savage option will be unlocked two weeks later.
Split into four areas, Deltascape is a boss-centric raid of increasing difficulty, numbered v1.0, v2.0, v3.0, and v4.0. Unlike many raids in MMOs, the first couple areas can be completed using Duty Finder with high success rate, particularly Deltascape v1.0.
In this guide we will go over the most important details for the battle, simplifying the strategy so you can quickly understand its mechanics in pursuit of completion and a shot at ilvl 320 gear.
Omega: Deltascape v1.0
This encounter features a single boss by the name of Alte Roite. He’s a large snake-like serpent that calls upon the powers of ice, lightning, and fire to defend himself. This boss is considered simple in the spectrum of FFXIV bosses, requiring basic positioning and low to mid-tier skill to defeat.
- Both tanks should stand next to each other to spread the damage of Twin Bolt. This ability fires a medium damage attack at the main tank and bounces to the nearest player.
- The main tank should position the boss away from the raid due to a conal attack.
- Tank swapping isn’t necessary.
- All players should avoid the fire orbs. They will grow to a larger size after a few seconds, and then explode. These don’t move on their own, and deal damage in a predictable area, but can be moved by the boss.
- The fire orbs are sometimes moved by two attacks, as follows:
- Downburst – The fire orbs and players are thrown to the outside perimeter of the platform as ice engulfs the surface. Players should immediately slide to the center of the room after this.
- Breath Wing – The fire orbs and players are thrown in the opposite direction of the boss. Players should carefully navigate away from the fire orbs after.
- The boss will occasionally cast Levinbolt, placing purple markers on everyone in the raid. Every player should spread out as to only be hit by their Levinbolt. Stacking can cause a wipe.
Upon defeating the boss four tokens will drop. These can be traded in Rhalgr’s Reach for ilvl 320 gear.