Gathering is a vital element of Albion Online‘s economy. Weapons, armor, and even building materials are made using a combination of wood, stone, hide, and ore, so understanding how and where to find these resources is integral to your success.
In this guide we’ll go over where you can find wood, and how to harvest it successfully.
First, it’s important to understand how tools work. Tools grant you access to the tier they belong to and one tier higher. For example, a T1 Wood Axe is capable of harvesting both T1 and T2 wood.
You can craft tools at a Toolmaker, available in most cities.
Once you have a suitable tool for the job, you can find the material you’re looking for by jumping to the map screen. On here, look on the top-right to get an idea of what materials can be found in the zone.
As seen in the image above, the region I was in has T2 and T3 wood, T2 and T3 stone, and T2 and T3 hide.
Since most zones house multiple tiers of resources, sometimes it requires some exploration to find exactly what you’re looking for. Generally speaking, the various tiers are split into large areas of the map, so once you find what you’re looking for you should be surrounded by that resource.
The tiers of wood are as follows:
- Tier 1: Rough Logs
- Tier 2: Birch Logs – Synthesizes into Birch Plank
- Tier 3: Chestnut Logs – Synthesizes into Chestnut Plank
- Tier 4: Pine Logs – Synthesizes into Pine Plank
- Tier 5: Cedar Logs – Synthesizes into Cedar Plank
- Tier 6: Bloodoak Logs – Synthesizes into Bloodoak Plank
- Tier 7: Ashenbark Logs – Synthesizes into Ashenbark Plank
- Tier 8: Whitewood Logs – Synthesizes into Whitewood Plank
As you graduate in tiers, resources will become available in more dangerous regions, including Yellow, Red, and even Black Regions where you can be killed by other players.