Middle-earth: Shadow of War‘s release is a huge moment for the gaming industry. Its predecessor, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, was one of the promising new IPs early in the generation, having won several game of the year awards. As great as it was, it had a lot of untapped potential. Now that a sequel is here, gamers are wondering if it can push the series to the next level.
We’ve been covering the game since its announcement earlier in the year, to a point where we’ve interviewed the team behind the game, and played it at three press events. Below you will find our coverage.
- There are some new features coming to Shadow of War, in addition to an all-new story. In this feature we overview what the game will offer.
- We asked our readers what they want to see in this sequel. This is what they said.
- At GDC we were able to learn more about the game shortly after its announcement. What we learned more than anything is there will be a lot of risk involved.
- Monolith Productions brought a playable demo to E3. We knew we had to play it.
- We had a chance to interview the team behind the game, including popular voice actor Troy Baker.
- Expecting a Switch port? Not so fast.
- The open-world design of Shadow of War is one of its greatest assets. Here’s a quick look at it.
- Here’s another trailer, this time with an emphasis on the story.