- Xbox One
Call of Duty WW2 Zombies holds more than secrets to it than the usual zombies mode in a COD game. Nazi Zombies returns the crucial third mode to its roots with you just blasting away some evil Nazis. Because of this, there is of course the hidden Easter Egg quests for you to discover and complete.
Unlike other COD games, though, Call of Duty WW2 Zombies features not one but two Easter Egg quests to accomplish. We’ve already covered the so-called casual Easter Egg mode before, but now we’re back to help the most diligent Nazi Zombies players to complete the hardcore Easter Egg mode. Doing this unlocks the true ending to the Nazi Zombies story and the elusive Dark Reunion achievement/trophy. Let’s get started.
Also: Call of Duty WW2 Zombies Casual Easter Egg Guide: How to Defeat Panzermorder and Unlock Fireworks Achievement
Call of Duty WW2 Zombies Hardcore Easter Egg Guide: How to Get Started
Before we go any further, it’s worth mentioning some important notes. The true ending is – as the name suggests – much more hardcore than the casual ending. Due to this, we only recommend the most confident and skilled players attempt to achieve this. While it is possible to solo it, we still recommend using a full party of four, because it will make your life much easier.
The other important thing to note is it is basically a requirement from us that you have completed the casual mode. Hardcore Nazi Zombies is similar to the original and is completed alongside the casual Easter Egg quest, so we will reference many steps from our other guide. Check it out here if you need a refresher. Without further ado, let’s bash some hardcore Nazi zombies.
- To even access the true ending, you need to have all four elemental Tesla Gun variants – Midnight, Hurricane, Reaper, and Bloodthirst – with preferably one on each person in your party.
- With those upgraded Tesla Guns, go to Riverside’s outer wall and interact with the rooster weather-vane on top of the wall there. It will point in a specific direction with a glowing light.
- Go down to the docks entrance by the Sewers and shoot the exposed wires on the water wheel with only an upgraded Tesla Gun. This will restore power to the Pub.
Call of Duty WW2 Zombies Hardcore Easter Egg Guide: How to Solve the Enigma Puzzle
- This will release three really hard to see “tops” – you know those little spinning toys – that you must shoot and then collect from any of the 10 randomly spawning locations. They can be found on the rooftops of Riverside, Town Square, Pub, Courtyard, and Village Entrance. If you need help, check out this video by NoahJ456.
- With three tops in your possession, go to the bunker door in the Village Square. There is a toy display box to the right of it. Insert all three tops into the blank spaces.
- Go to any of the zombie spawning windows in the aforementioned locations to find the enigma machines that match the red, green, and yellow tops. There are three with numbers on them and it is randomized. You don’t need to find all three, as it is very possible to simply guess the other number or two.
- Input the numbers for each of the three tops at the display window and it will release the record. Grab the record and place it on the record player in the Pub.
- Reset the power by flipping the switches in the Laboratory, Morgue, and the Command Room to the right of the Salt Mines entrance.
- Shoot the wires that open up to the left of the third switch with an upgraded Tesla Gun.
Call of Duty WW2 Zombies Hardcore Easter Egg Guide: How to Unlock the Red Talon Sword
- For this part, you need a Burner zombie’s head. While the lights are off, go to the metal panels on the wall to the left of the stairs to both the Laboratory and Morgue. Shine the zombie’s head – aim down the sights – on both panels to reveal some bloodstains. Now, wait for the power to come back on.
- Go to back to both panels and turn the dial until you see a glowing blue stain. Collect the half-discs from both panels and return to the Emperor’s Chamber.
- Insert the discs into the small circle under the hilt of the sword.
- With the Red Talon sword, go back to the Pub and listen to the record player you messed with earlier. A timer will start that ends with the song. You must kill a large number of zombies – anywhere from 30-50 – near the record player with only the sword to charge the record player.
Call of Duty WW2 Zombies Hardcore Easter Egg Guide: How to Unlock the Second Voice of God
- The record will play backwards. Listen very carefully, as the (creepy) song it plays will have four major pauses. During each of the four pauses, listen to how many clicks it makes and that is a number for the next code. Figure out the clicks for all four pauses to know the four-digit code.
- Return to the Emperor’s Chamber. At this point, you need to have completed our casual Easter Egg guide all the way up until the point where you shoot the sword hilt with the Tesla Guns to activate the final battle. Do not shoot the sword hilt just yet.
- Input the code you found into the Voice of God between the two hands starting from left to right.
- Shoot the chandelier above the hilt with all four upgraded Tesla Guns.
Call of Duty WW2 Zombies Hardcore Easter Egg Guide: How to Unlock the True Ending and Dark Reunion Achievement
- At this point, energy will flow from the chandelier down into the sword hilt. Like the casual Easter Egg quest, shoot the hilt with your Tesla Guns.
- Now, collect the sword hilt to activate the boss fight with Panzermorder.
- This fight is the exact same as the casual Easter Egg version, so check here if you need assistance. Simply shoot, collect, and plant them on the stunned Panzermorder like before.
- Once you’ve done that three times, you will defeat Panzermorder. This will unlock the true ending cutscene that’s different from the casual Easter Egg one, and you will unlock the Dark Reunion achievement/trophy.