No, that’s not a typo. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is still getting some meaty post-launch support and, if the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 patch notes are any indication, update 1.3.1 is bringing about some big changes to the JRPG sequel. From unlocking the second Expansion Pass quest to a whole host of fixes, buffs, and nerfs, here’s what’s changed in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Patch Notes Update 1.3.1.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Patch Notes: What Has Changed in Update 1.3.1
- Fixed an issue where common blades resonated to drivers other than Rex were being deleted if the player started a New Game Plus with them assigned to Rex.
- We apologize, but even if you update your data, you will be unable to restore your common blades.
- Fixed an issue during New Game Plus where the player was unable to acquire a common blade’s affinity gift even after fulfilling the conditions.
- Fixed an issue where rare blades that were released were unable to rise above trust level S if they resonated with a character again.
- Downloading the update data will set the trust level at S.
- In the case that the actual trust level is higher than S, then upon doing something to raise the trust level, it will quickly increase to its actual level.
- We have addressed the following problems where effects intended to be applied to blades on standby were only effective when they were deployed in battle.
- Core Chips: Some status up types such as “HP MAX Boost”, “Increases the enemy gold drop rate”,”Increases the enemy item drop rate”
- Aux Cores：”Hunter’s’ Chemistry”, and “Shoulder to Shoulder”
- Poppy’s Skill RAM: Some status up types such as “HP MAX Boost”, “Gold Rush”, “Treasure Sensor”, “Hunter’s Chemistry”, and “Shoulder to Shoulder”.
- Common Blade Skills: “Accelerated Growth”, ”Weaponsmaster”, ”Gold Rush”, and “Treasure Sensor”.
- Fixed an issue where Patroka’s Evasion Effect Art wasn’t triggering correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t advance in the Gormott quest “Whereabouts Unknown”.
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t advance in the Uraya quest “Marvelous Mercenaries”.
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t advance in the Mor Ardain quest “We Meet Again”.
- Fixed an issue where the minimap and compass wouldn’t display, and fast travel with the X-button would become unavailable.
- Fixed an issue where Mythra’s 10% Ether modifier wasn’t being reflected in Rex’s Ether attribute display.
- This problem concerned the display of the modifier; it was being applied.
- Addressed a problem with crafting field skills such as “Pyra’s Cooking” where you couldn’t continually make things.
- Fixed an issue where titles of locations were not displaying when discovering landmarks, locations, and secret areas/viewpoints.
- Fixed an issue where blades would cycle backwards for Rex when using blade change if Mythra was engaged.
Changes and New Features
- An NPC, “Momoni,” has been added to chapter one of New Game Plus, to restore your money one time.
- He will help you when you are unable to buy an Abyss Vest or unable to send funds due to lack of money on-hand.
- Adjusted the difficulty of some of the boss battles in Chapter Ten of New Game Plus (so that they reflect Rex’s level).
- Now displays the currently held and maximum number of accessories, Aux Cores、and Poppy parts in menus and shops.
- Added a function to download the second Expansion Pass quest.
- Added a notification page to the menu that contains information about the Expansion Pass.
- If the Expansion Pass is removed or deleted from your console, “Continue” can no longer be selected to resume Expansion Pass save data.
- You will be able to select Continue again once you download the Expansion Pass.
For Xenoblade Chronicles 2 vets, the most pleasing change will be the introduction of the second Expansion Pass quest, as well as the nerfing of boss battles in Chapter Ten of New Game Plus, something which has been requested for some time. Additionally, the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Patch Notes detail the fact that rare blade trust levels not setting at S has been fixed, ensuring players can hack and slash their way through Alrest to their heart’s content.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Patch Notes: How to Download Update 1.3.1
As per Nintendo’s Support site, the steps to follow to ensure Update 1.3.1 has been downloaded are fairly simple. The first thing you must do is check your Nintendo Switch is connected to the internet. No connection, no download. From there, you have to launch the game from the Home menu. If you are still playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, you will need to quit the application first before launching.
Once you launch the game, Update 1.3.1 will automatically start downloading. Upon completion, the new version number will appear on the game’s title screen to reflect the changes.
More Good Stuff: