Overwatch, for the uninitiated, is one of the finest multiplayer shooters in a generation. Filled with colorful characters, breakneck speeds, and an abundance of lore to get your teeth stuck into, it’s very easy to get caught up on the hype once you’re in. If you’re not in, however – what have you been doing all this time? Let’s hope your PC can run the thing first – check below for everything you need to know about Overwatch minimum requirements.
Overwatch Minimum Requirements: Can Your PC Run Overwatch?
Overwatch isn’t the most hardware-intensive game you’re going to find on the market. Although, as an online shooter, it’s a must that you have enough RAM, wotsits and doohickeys to keep everything running smoothly. The official specs are below but, to check whether yours matches (or hopefully surpasses it) you can check your own computer’s specs.
Right-hand click on This PC, and head for System Properties to the right of the gear icon at the top of the window. Once there, you’ll be able to see and compare your system requirements to the official Overwatch minimum requirements. You can also download software to compare requirements, but this isn’t recommended.
Overwatch Minimum Requirements: Official Specs
There are the official Overwatch minimum requirements as recommended by Blizzard:
- Operating System Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack) Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
- Processor Intel® Core™ i3 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8650 Intel® Core™ i5 or AMD Phenom™ II X3 or better
- Video NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460, ATI Radeon™ HD 4850, or Intel® HD Graphics 4400 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 or better
- Memory 4 GB RAM 6 GB RAM
- Storage 30 GB available hard drive space
- Internet Broadband internet connection
- Media None for the recommended digital installation
- Resolution 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution
Et voila! Keep those minimum requirements in mind and you’ll be off playing Overwatch in no time.