The new Sunken Curse Bilge Rat Adventure has you locating Cursed Mermaid Statues in Sea of Thieves. You’ll need to search beneath the waves to find these statues and destroy them. Finding the Cursed Mermaid Statue locations in Sea of Thieves is easier said than done, though. Below we’ll tell you what you have to do to get the commendations you need to beat the Sunken Curse quest.
How to Find the Mermaid Statues to Beat the Sunken Curse Quest in Sea of Thieves
To beat the Sunken Curse Bilge Rat Adventure in Sea of Thieves, you’ll need to get 10 commendations. To get the commendations you’ll need to find the Cursed Mermaid Statue Locations. Out of the 10 commendations, 7 of them will give you doubloon premium currency so that you can actually buy the limited-time cosmetics and Letters of Recommendation you’re trying to earn.
There are three kinds of Cursed Mermaid Statues you have to destroy during the Sunken Curse quest to earn commendations:
- Emerald Cursed Statue
- Ruby Cursed Statue
- Sapphire Cursed Statue
You need to destroy a certain number of each of them to beat the quest in Sea of Thieves. The ten commendations you need to earn are:
- Emerald Curse Breaker: Break three Emerald Cursed Mermaid Statues
- Master Emerald Curse Breaker: Destroy 15 Emerald Cursed Mermaid Statues
- Ruby Curse Breaker: Break three Ruby Cursed Mermaid Statues
- Master Ruby Curse Breaker: Destroy 15 Ruby Cursed Mermaid Statues
- Sapphire Curse Breaker: Break three Sapphire Cursed Mermaid Statues
- Master Sapphire Curse Breaker: Destroy 15 Sapphire Cursed Mermaid Statues
- Legendary Curse Breaker: Destroy 100 Cursed Mermaid Statues
Additionally, three of the commendations are titles the player can earn:
- “Curse Breaker”: Complete the Emerald Curse Breaker, Ruby Curse Breaker, and Sapphire Curse Breaker commendations.
- “Master Curse Breaker”: Complete the Master Emerald Curse Breaker, Master Ruby Curse Breaker, and Master Sapphire Curse Breaker commendations.
- “Legendary Curse Breaker”: Complete the Legendary Curse Breaker commendation.
Where to Find Cursed Mermaid Statue Locations in Sea of Thieves
The Cursed Mermaid Statues you need to destroy to complete the Sunken Curse Bilge Rat Adventure quest can be tough to locate. This is primarily because they don’t have set spawn points. Instead, their locations vary, and the statues can be found randomly among the islands of Sea of Thieves.
The cursed statues can be found around any island except for those that contain outposts and forts. If you’re lucky, you’ll see them glittering in the water as you sail close to an island. You’ll also hear ominous music when one is nearby. However, you’re more than likely going to have to swim to find the Cursed Mermaid Statues in Sea of Thieves.
The statues come in three varieties: red (ruby), green (emerald), and blue (sapphire). These statues can take a pounding, so you’ll need to know the best way to destroy them.
How to Break the Cursed Mermaid Statues in Sea of Thieves
Some of the statues are harder to break than others. Sapphire is the easiest to destroy, followed by emerald, then ruby. One player can break a sapphire statue with easy, and even an emerald one isn’t too hard. Ruby Mermaid Statues are by far the toughest, and it helps to have a full galleon crew to take them down. You can also use gunpowder barrels to help speed things up.
You can tell when a statue is taking damage because it will start to crack. However, you can’t let up your attack, or the statue will begin to heal. If you get to close, you’ll start to take damage, but if you swing your cutlass at it at maximum range, you should just dodge the damage zone. Just keep wacking it and eventually it will break.