It’s what everyone has been waiting for. The Fortnite Playground Mode release date is nearly upon us. The re-release, which we’ll dub Fortnite Playground Mode V2, has plenty of changes that you need to get your teeth into, so why not check out our full patch notes before the LTM’s release? Even better, we’ve even laid out how to get a possible headstart on Fortnite Playground Mode team switching. Nifty.
When is the Fortnite Playground Mode V2 Release Date?
As per Epic’s 5.10 update patch notes, the Fortnite Playground Mode V2 release date is no real secret: Wednesday, July 25 is the date you need to mark in your calendar.
However, we can’t get more specific than that. Recently, Epic has decided on both 1 a.m. Pacific/4 a.m. EDT/9 a.m. BST as well as 6 a.m. Pacific/9 a.m. EDT/2 p.m. BST for their big releases. Expect the latter if Epic want to make sure those across the pond in America want to get in on the act, but nothing has been confirmed.
What Has Changed in Fortnite Playground Mode V2?
So, so much. First up, you can now team switch in-game to arrange both creative building sessions as well as team deathmatch and even survival-style modes are now on the table. The only limit is your imagination.
In fact, fun is the name of the game with Fortnite Playground Mode V2, and the changes reflect that. Ammo cans now hold 10x the ammo, while the rocket cap has been significantly upped so you can hold 60 rockets at a time. Most importantly, however, is the lowering of respawn times from 10 seconds to 3 seconds.
How Do I Team Switch in Fortnite Playground Mode V2?
While the game mode isn’t out yet, you’d expect team switching to be fairly simple as only one squad (four players) will be in the Fortnite Playground Mode game. A simple pause and swap should be the obvious method, though we’ll update this tomorrow when more information becomes available.
Fortnite Playground Mode V2: Full Patch Notes
You can check out the full Fortnite Playground Mode V2 patch notes below. There’s info on increased spawn rates, removed vending machines, changes to ammo cans, and even speeding up gliders.
- Players can now switch teams in-game. Join the same team to work together creatively, join separate teams to practice fighting each other!
- Note: Voice chat will remain on across all teams, future iterations of the mode will offer more customization.
- Aim assist will work when using a gamepad against players on an opposing team.
- Matches will no longer end if one player leaves the server.
- Golf carts have been added and spawn 100% of the time.
- Ammo cans spawn 10x the amount of ammo.
- Removed grey vending machines, increased the chances of higher-tier machines spawning.
- Increased launch & bounce pads spawn likelihood.
- Lowered forced glider deploy height, so players can get back into the action more quickly.
- Increased max rocket ammo cap to 60.
- Increased rocket ammo drop rates.
- Added 100 Supply Drops.
- Chests now spawn 3 weapons and more ammo & consumables than normal.
- Floor loot now spawns 3 items.
- Increased Chug Jug and Slurp Juice spawn chances, decreased Bandages.
- Added Chug Jugs to floor loot.
- Respawn timer lowered from 10s to 3s.