A new Dead by Daylight patch has just been released, showing off some fixes and updates for bugs as well as new features, such as the Broken status effect and the Wraith Killer overhaul. But along with fixes comes Dead by Daylight new perks, meaning that there are more exciting ways to either effectively hide from the Killer or to ravage the innocent in a terrifying bloodbath of weapons and torture.
Dead by Daylight: What Are the New Killer Perks?
The new Killer for Dead by Daylight is The Spirit, who looks like she was killed and turned into a zombie while still wearing her pajamas. In the PC public test build, she is shown to have three perks. These are:
- Spirit Fury: Each pallet you break magnifies the wrath of the Entity. After breaking 4 pallets, the next time you are stunned by a pallet, the Entity will break the pallet. You still suffer from the stun effect penalty.
- Hex: Haunted Ground: Two Hex totems will spawn in the Trial. When one of the two trapped Hex totems are cleansed by a Survivor, all Survivors suffer from the ‘Exposed Status Effect’ for 40 seconds. The remaining Hex totem becomes a Dull totem.
- Rancor: You become obsessed with one Survivor. Each time a generator is completed, the obsession sees your aura for 5 seconds. Each time a generator is completed, all Survivors’ locations are revealed for 3 seconds. Once all generators are complete, the obsession has the ‘Exposed Status Effect’ and the Killer can kill the obsession. This happens only once per match.
Dead by Daylight: What Are the New Survivor Perks?
It isn’t all doom and gloom with Dead by Daylight. Along with a new Killer, there has also been a new Survivor added called Adam Francis and just like the Killer, he too gets three perks. These are:
- Diversion: Standing within the Killer’s Terror Radius while not in a chase for 45 seconds activates this perk. Once the perk is active, press the ‘Active Ability’ button while crouched and motionless to throw a pebble. This will cause a loud notification for the Killer at a distance of 10 meters. The perk will then deactivate once it has been used.
- Deliverance: After performing a safe hook rescue on another Survivor, the perk activates, giving you a 100% chance to unhook yourself during an escape attempt. A successful Deliverance from the hook triggers the ‘Broken Status Effect’ for 100 seconds.
- Autodidact: You start the trial with a -20% progression penalty for Skills Checks to heal Survivors. However, for every successful Skill Check completed with healing a Survivor, you receive a Token for a maximum of 3 Tokens. Each Token grants you with a 20% bonus progression for a successful Skill Check while healing Survivors. Great Skills Checks cannot be performed while using this ability and the ability isn’t active while using a med kit.