While the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Isabelle reveal wasn’t the most shocking moment of the most recent Nintendo Direct, the company still went all out to make the mayor’s assistant from Animal Crossing into a hugely viable and refreshing Smash competitor. Below, we’ll run through every punch, kick, and, yes, trip, as part the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Isabelle moveset, as well as whether those Isabelle Echo Fighter rumors ring true.
What is the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Isabelle Moveset?
All we’ve got to go on so far, until we get our hands on the game in December, is Isabelle’s Smash reveal trailer. There’s actually more clues as to what her full moveset is there than you might expect:
- A horizontal ground attack with what looks like a watering can
- A slightly angled splash attack that utilizes a birthday streamer
- An attack with the fishing rod that can pull opponents towards Isabelle for further combos
- An air attack in which Isabelle twists and turns and attacks opponents with pom poms
- An attack where Isabelle buries a Lloid and it immediately sprouts to life and rockets up to the top edge of the screen, taking any opponents in the vicinity with it when triggered
- A possible move that stops opponents from dashing with a harsh blow of Isabelle’s whistle
- A dash attack where Isabelle trips and throws a vase
Is Isabelle an Echo Fighter?
While Echo Fighters, essentially palette swapped fighters (i.e. Daisy/Peach) that share similar movesets while being different character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a new feature, it’s not one that necessarily has to apply to Isabelle and the other Animal Crossing alumni, Villager. Both share the Lloid rocket attack (though Isabelle’s goes vertically rather than horizontally) and the trip dash move but, other than that, there aren’t enough similarities to call her an Echo Fight. Nintendo, for its part, also has made no reference to her being an Echo Fighter on her profile page.