Fancy some free swag? Of course you do! The Destiny 2 Refer a Friend rewards are terrific, but they require you to jump through quite a few hoops. Below, we’ll go through every Destiny 2 Refer a Friend item as well as how to unlock the Destiny 2 Refer a Friend rewards. Now, what are you waiting for? Buddy up!
Destiny 2 Refer A Friend Rewards – What Are They?
You get a handful of pretty cool Destiny 2 Refer a Friend rewards: one weapon, one ship, one animated ornament for your weapon, and even a Sparrow to help you zoom around the rocky terrains of hostile planets:
- Borealis Exotic Sniper Rifle
- Animated Ornament, Shader, and Emblem
- Double Rainbow Exotic Sparrow
- Murmuration Legendary Ship
Destiny 2 Refer A Friend Rewards – How to Unlock
Unlocking those bad boys, though, might be more trouble than their worth. A Veteran Player (who already owns Forsaken) must invite a New Player (someone who doesn’t own Forsaken, or has owned it for fewer than seven days) via Bungie.net referral link. Once that’s all taken care of, players must do a serious amount of legwork to get your reward(s). They are as follows:
- This is Our Story – Complete a Story Mission with a linked friend.
- Guardians United – Complete 3 Public Events with a linked friend.
- Our Crucible – Complete 3 Crucible matches with a linked friend.
- Count to One Hundred – Reach level 50 and then return to the Tower to talk with Hawthorne.
- All Right, All Right – Win a Gambit match with a linked friend.
- Two Flames in the Dark – Complete a Weekly Nightfall Strike with a linked friend.
Most of that is pretty standard fare, beat a Story Mission here, team up and kill enemies in Crucible there, but reaching the level cap of Level 50 is going to be a sticking point for many players. Still, the rest of the activities can be beaten fairly easily and you should be able to unlock your Destiny 2 Refer a Friend rewards that way instead.