The Battlefield 5 unable to connect error is making the game entirely unplayable for players all over the world. However, this error is not related to EA or the Battlefield 5 servers, despite having an impact on so many players across the board. Instead, the Battlefield 5 unable to connect error is one that is usually associated with an individual console, meaning that you’ll be able to fix it from your Xbox One, PS4, or PC. Here’s everything you need to know about how to fix the Battlefield 5 unable to connect error.
Battlefield 5 Unable to Connect Error – How to Fix
The Battlefield 5 unable to connect error isn’t tied to either EA or the Battlefield 5 servers, as both DownDetector and Outage Report have live reports stating that the servers are intact and running smoothly for both EA and Battlefield 5. As a result, the Battlefield 5 unable to connect error needs to be fixed by the person experiencing the error themselves.
A solution to the Battlefield 5 unable to connect error was posted online and has been marked as the correct way for players to fix the unable to connect error in Battlefield 5. The full solution is as follows:
- First, make sure that the time and date your console/PC is set to are completely correct.
- Next, clear your DNS cache entirely. If you don’t know how to do so, instructions for clearing your DNS cache can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-flush-dns-cache-for-windows/
- After clear your DNS cache, make sure to also clear the browser cache. Instructions for doing so can be found here : https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clearing-your-browsers-cache
- Finally, clear your hosts file. Guidelines on this can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
- Once you have done all of the above, restart your PC or console.
- On PC, you’ll need to run Origin as Adminstrator.
- Last but not least, select Origin/My Game Libary. From here, right-click on the Battlefield 5 game icon select “Repair and Update Game.”
After carrying out the above steps, your Battlefield 5 connection should be silky smooth again.