The Atlas v11.4 update has just dropped anchor. You know what that means: Atlas v11.4 update patch notes. While they’re not as wacky as some of previous entries (remember the poop-eating thing?), there’s plenty here that you should know about, even if the Atlas 11.4 patch notes themselves are rather short and sweet. Let’s go over them and see how it affects you play the game or, if you’re a dirty scoundrel, how you’ve chosen to exploit the game but can no longer do so.
Atlas v11.4 update patch notes – Encumbered fixes
Pre-v11.4, Atlas players were treated to a strange bug: Players who were massively over-encumbered with loot and gear and the like were able to freely move about light as a feather. The dev team has since patched that so, finally, those sorts of Cheaty McCheatFaces will be plodding along as if they had rocks in their shoes.
Elsewhere, feats have also been disabled while encumbered. It’s unclear why, but it all adds to the idea that if you’re carrying too much stuff you’re, rightfully, being punished for it, just as you would in most RPGs.
Atlas v11.4 update patch notes – Melee auto-target
Hilariously, the game’s option to melee auto-target led to you automatically choosing to target ally players in PvP and PvE as well as tamed creatures in PvE. They say keep your friends closer and your enemies closer, but I’m not sure that’s what they had in mind.
Atlas v11.4 update patch notes – Non-allies on ships
Finally, there’s no more of that pesky ability for players who aren’t in your crew to make themselves (more than) at home on your docked ship(s). You can now turn it off using the Game.ini function, which should make some seafaring scalliwags shudder in fear.
Full Atlas v11.4 update patch notes
The full Atlas v11.4 patch notes can be found below, as well as over on the Atlas forums which also provide an update on well, uhh, future updates. Enjoy!
- Fixed multiple exploits which allowed movement of excessively encumbered players through various gameplay mechanics
- Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini – setbPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship
- Disabled feats when encumbered
- Melee auto target should no longer pick ally targets in any mode, or player/tame targets in pve
- Disallowed freeport npc crew recruiting if 20 or more level 1 npc crew’s for that company on the server