Do you think you’ve seen all there is to see in the Resident Evil 2 remake? Did you know you can play as a human-sized piece of tofu? Read on to learn how to unlock Tofu in the Resident Evil 2 remake. The Resident Evil 2 Tofu Scenario is a laugh, and better still, vegan-friendly.
Resident Evil 2 remake | Who is Tofu?
Tofu is literally a big block of tofu. You can unlock and play as a human-sized block of tufo. The character was originally created as something that should remain behind-the-scenes during development, as Capcom used Tofu to test the collision detection in the original Resident Evil 2. Despite this, the developers decided to include Tofu as a secret unlockable character in the original Resident Evil 2 release. Since then Tofu has only appeared again as a cameo in Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles.
Resident Evil 2 remake | How to unlock Tofu | The Tofu Survivor
To unlock the Tofu Scenario in Resident Evil 2 remake, you have to complete Hunk’s Scenario: The Fourth Survivor. Read our guide on Resident Evil 2 remake how to unlock Hunk to discover how to unlock Hunk’s Scenario. Essentially, though, to unlock Tofu, you will have to complete the game twice (correctly) and then complete The Fourth Survivor.
The Tofu Survivor scenario is the most difficult of the lot, however. You are playing as a big block of tofu, and as such, you cannot equip or use any weapons aside from the knife. Just as with the Hunk Scenario, the Tofu Survivor mode gives you a limited time and restricted starting loadout to play with. You will only have the knife (16 of them), one Green Herb, one Red Herb, and a Blue Herb at your disposal to get through the time-limited mode. You won’t be able to pick up any more items, so you will have to be particularly careful when playing as agent Tofu.
Resident Evil 2 remake Unlock Tofu | How to unlock different Tofu Characters
It turns out that there isn’t just the one Tofu scenario to unlock in Resident Evil 2 remake. Including the standard Tofu, there are five more soy boys to unlock. Each one of them has a different set of limitations, however, offering a new gameplay twist each time.
Below, we’ve listed each of the four Tofu characters, detailing how you unlock them and the loadout they are given:
- Konjac Tofu: Unlock by completing Tofu Survivor as regular Tofu
- Loadout: Flamethrower, Flamethrower Ammo (1600), Grenade Launcher, Flame Rounds (40), two Hand Grenades, one Green Herb, and one First Aid Spray
- Uiro-Mochi Tofu: Unlock by completing Tofu Survivor as regular Tofu
- Loadout: 36 Hand Grenades
- Flan Tofu: Unlock by completing Tofu Survivor as Konjac or Uiro-Mochi Tofu
- Loadout: Minigun, Anti-tank Rocket (4), Spark Shot (7), Needle Cartridges (200), and two Flashbangs
- Anin Tofu: Unlock by completing Tofu Survivor as Konjac or Uiro-Mochi Tofu
- Loadout: Knife, M19, Large Caliber Handgun Ammo (360), Quickdraw Army (6), nine Green Herbs, one Red Herb, and one Blue Herb
There’s a lot to love about the Tofu Survivor mode, and learning how to unlock it is just another part of mastering all that Resident Evil 2 has to offer.