EA/DICE has deployed Star Wars Battlefront 2 update 1.27 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, bringing some much-needed improvements to the game’s Chosen One update. While the Chosen One update has been well-received by players, a number of key problems were present with Anakin Skywalker, making him too much of a force (choke) to be reckoned with. The new hotfix rectifies these issues, and you can read the full Battlefront 2 update 1.27 patch notes below.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 update 1.27 | What’s in the Chosen One update?
The Battlefront 2 update 1.27 brings some much-needed balancing for Anakin, addressing a small number of issues with the character. While the future Darth Vader is still a tough cookie, the power of his abilities has been reduced. The max base damage of his Heroic Impact ability has now been reduced to 450 points, while its max radius is now locked to 20 meters, reducing its area of effect.
Additionally, EA/DICE has responded to player feedback regarding Obi-Wan Kenobi’s All-Out Push ability, where the damage reduction applied by this move would remain active even after it was completed.
Discussing these changes to the character, the post on the official Battlefront 2 forum noted that “Anakin should always be a formidable opponent, [but] we felt that being able to one-shoot heroes from such a great distance was not optimal.”
The new update comes in at 474 MB on PC and 567 MB for PS4, with the Xbox One update also set to deploy shortly.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 update 1.27 patch notes
The Battlefront 2 update 1.27 patch notes can be read below:
- Balanced Anakin Skywalker’s “Heroic Might” ability. The max radius of the ability is now locked to 20 meters and max base damage to 450 points.
- Fixed an issue where the damage reduction that applied while Obi-Wan Kenobi was performing his All-Out Push ability, remained active after the ability was completed.
- Disabled the scoring events when a player squad spawns on another player.
- Fixed an issue where the AI Starfighters on Starfighter Custom Arcade would fly out of bounds.
- Removed the duplicate message for all the appearances when opening the Legion Starter Bundle.
- Resolved a settings issue that would occasionally cause the game to crash on PC on startup.