BioWare has a weekend treat for all Anthem players, as the Anthem 1.05 update patch notes have been detailed, with the patch itself set to launch at a release time of Saturday, March 9, between 7-9 AM CT (if all goes to plan). The new Anthem update will be rolled out to PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The version number on these systems can differ between Anthem 1.05 and Anthem 1.0.3. The main fixes focus on respawn restrictions, which have now been removed; loot changes, with both green and whites being removed from the pool of level 30 players; improved stability across all platforms, including crashing fixes; and audio improvements, which should mean fewer chances of sound suddenly cutting out.
Anthem 1.05 Update
The Anthem 1.05 update patch notes (Anthem 1.0.3 update) are substantial. Many of the fixes focus specifically on what players have been reporting since launch, so it’s clear that BioWare is at least listening to community feedback and working to solve those problems.
In addition to the general fixes and improvements, the developers have also fixed an error with a certain Stronghold, implemented some creature updates, changed damage and item scaling, tweaked item and Masterwork item balance, squashed pesky gameplay bugs, and more.
While the following list of patch notes is indeed lengthy, BioWare has also acknowledged that there are many other problems that will need fixing with subsequent updates to the game. These include: players experiencing crackling audio when in Fort Tarsis, challenges not tracking properly, a bug where players are unable to interact with any objects or players, visual effects on Javelin thrusters not working properly, inactivity messages still showing when a player has returned, and more. We can expect BioWare to now be working on these fixes as a priority, with the solutions possibly being included in an upcoming 1.06 (1.0.4) update. For now, players will just have to enjoy the fixes implemented by patch 1.05 (1.0.3).
Anthem 1.05 Update Patch Notes (1.0.3)
High level fixes and changes
- Respawn restrictions have been removed – Respawn timers are now based on the activity a player is in. Crit-Path, Agent Missions and other non-end game missions now have a respawn timer of 10 seconds. Strongholds, Legendary Contracts, and other end game missions now have a respawn timer of 30 seconds. The respawn timer Freeplay remains unchanged.
- Loot Changes – Common (white) and Uncommon (green) drops will no longer appear for players that are level 30.
- Improved stability for all platforms – this includes fixes for a number of issues that were causing crashes or connection problems
- Audio Improvements – Fixed a number of issues that could cause audio to drop out
General Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a number of issues that were blocking players from accessing the Forge
- All missions should now properly end when all conditions have been met
- The inbox now properly displays information on PC (the inbox is found in the newsfeed)
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to be unable to interact with NPCs in Fort Tarsis
- The vault is no longer accessible from the Forge. This change was made to improve performance
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to hang when entering menus while on an expedition
- Titans will no longer respawn on missions after they are defeated. Example: if players defeat 2 out of 3 titans and then wipe on the third, the first two will not reappear when players respawn during a mission
- Server shutdown messages should now appear less often
- The ability to Quickplay into a Stronghold has been added back to the game
- Mouse button 4 is no longer bound to the back button for PC players
- Crashes that occurred while selecting certain conversation options when interacting with an NPC have been fixed
- Players should no longer get stuck at the end of the “Tomb of General Tarsis” mission
- Players should now run into less issues during Quickplay missions. Additional improvements to Quickplay will be coming in future updates
- Players should no longer get stuck behind fogwalls on missions or in strongholds as often
- Players should now receive credit for the “There Be Giants” challenge when they are downed and when the event is active
- Improved the audio when defeating creatures to provide better feedback
- Changed wording for server shutdown messaging to better indicate that it is just the players server shutting down, not the entire game server
- Players may now launch an expedition from anywhere within the launch bay and Fort Tarsis.
- PS4 led lights will now change based on the javelin being used
- It should now be harder for players to get stun locked by certain enemy compositions
- The values on max flight time inscriptions have been increased
- The appearance of the N7 vinyl on Legion of Dawn armor has been improved
- Haluk will now properly face players during certain dialogue scenes
- The message “Open the Cortex to track the legionnaire Challenges” will no longer pop up after completing the appropriate challenges
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to get stuck at the entrance to the sewers in the Temple of the Scar Stronghold
- Titans: We have made several balance changes to all variations of Titans
- Reduced overall damage mitigation from 100% to between 70% and 75% depending on the damage type.
- Increased the time that weakpoints are exposed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented effects from applying and thus preventing combos.
- Increased the damage the Titan takes from weakpoint hits.
- Lesser Titan’s weakpoint’s have been changed to always be active.
- Improved the collision on the ring and seeking projectile attacks. This should make them easier to dodge.
- Decreased the radius of the seeking projectile attack.
- Decreased the damage done by the self-destruct ability.
- Frozen Scar Enforcers and Scrappers can no longer move or attack while frozen.
- The Monitor’s health has been greatly reduced in the Heart of Rage Stronghold.
- Players will be less likely to be repeatedly staggered by heavy attacks.
- Adjusted the force applied by some creature attacks down which will lower the frequency of player’s being staggered.
Damage and Item Scaling Changes
- Adjusted the damage scaling of secondary damage sources. These now scale with Average Item Power. This will allow these damage sources to better scale in the Grandmaster Difficulties. This will increase the scaling of the following:
- Melee Damage
- Combo Damage
- Ultimate Damage
- Status Effects
- Item Procs (e.g. Proc from Yvenia’s Thunder)
- Item Power scaling has changed to better reflect the actual power of the item based on its rarity. This is applied to all items retroactively. Players will see the Power of their items go up.
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- The Ultimate ability bar will no longer appear full at the start of a mission when it isn’t actually full
- Weapon recoil will now stop once an exo is looking straight up
- Fixed a number of animation issues that could occur when the Colossus was using its shield
- It should no longer be possible for the Interceptor to become Frozen while starting up their ultimate
- Interceptor Aura damage will now deal the correct type of damage based on the active aura
- Players can no longer equip abilities from one javelin to another
- The Colossus can now use gear faster after being attacked by a heavy hit from enemies
- The Colossus can now shield charge through destructible objects such as explosive canisters or harvest nodes
- The Colossus now recovers faster after crashing into walls
Item Balance Updates
- Increased the base health of Wind Wall and Bulwark Point to provide better scaling in higher difficulties. The duration of these has been reduced to 20 seconds, down from 60 seconds
- Burst Mortar’s damage has been increased to 300, up from 145 and its cooldown has been reduced to 6 seconds, down from 10 seconds. Its description has also been fixed
- Flak Cannon’s damage has been increased to 42, up from 30
- Battle Cry’s description has been updated to explain that it also reduces the resistances of affected targets
- Wraith Strike’s damage has been increased to 250, up from 200 and it will now apply elemental effect to targets based on the active aura
- Note: Description text for Wraith Strike will be updated in 1.0.4.
Item Bug Fixes
- Wind Wall should no longer block or interfere with other player abilities
- Ranger Grenadier Component will now correctly lower the cooldown of grenade abilities
- Fixed an issue where certain weapons were not firing where the crosshairs were aimed
- The Ice Blast ability for the Storm javelin now has the primer icon correctly displayed
Inscription Bug Fixes
- The Thruster Delay Recovery inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- The Overheat Delay Recovery inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- The Weapon Reload Bonus inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- Note: These will have non-updated text values until the next patch (1.0.4)
Masterwork Item Balance Updates
- Increased the base damage of the following Masterwork Weapons.
- Ralner’s Blaze
- Rolling Carnage
- Cycle of Pain
- The Last Stand
- Glorious Result
- Insult and Injury
- Sentinel Vengeance
- Gnosta’s Balm
- Vassa’s Surprise
- Soothing Touch
- Renewed Courage
- Artinia’s Gambit
Masterwork Item Bug Fixes
- Ralner’s Blaze – Will no longer roll with incorrect inscriptions
- Ablative Shielding now provides the proper boost in shield and armor
- Badge of Devastation will now generate more ultimate charge when triggered
- It should no longer be possible to stack the effect from Gunslinger’s Mark more than once
Additional Patch Notes
Masterwork Universal Components added in 1.0.3 – drop from GM1+
- Symbiotic Surge – Increases javelin armor by a large amount. Increases all damage for a short duration when picking up a repair pack.
- Softened Blows – Increases javelin shields by a large amount. Increases damage resistance for a short duration when shields run out.
- Thermal Cooling – Increases the javelin’s heat capacity to allow the javelin to fly more effectively. Reduces time you stay overheated significantly.
- Rejuvenating Ammo – Increases reserve ammo for all equipped guns. Replenishes armor by a small amount when picking up an ammo pack.
- Emergency Power – An inscribed component that augments javelin Ultimate gear and increases damage. Ultimate meter refills instantly when armor is critically damaged.
Masterwork Embers from harvesting nodes – I checked with the team and this was indeed bugged. The team is working on getting a fix in tomorrow (March 12th). This will be a hotfix and won’t require any patch to download.
- Colors now apply to launchers for the Ranger and Colossus javelins in the Forge.
- Current values for daily, weekly and monthly challenges are intended. The values were different last month since Anthem launched on February 22nd and the team wanted players to be able to still be able to obtain the rewards that month.
The following items have values that were not intended and will be changed back in and upcoming patch. If you see any other items with decreased values it’s likely a bug since there were no nerfs in this update.
- Special Arms damage component changed from 30% to 15%. (BUG)
- Epic Special Arms Ammo Universal component changed from 30% to 15%. (BUG)
- Truth of Tarsis crit multiplier changing. (BUG)
- Winter’s Wrath (Ice Storm) ability damage is incorrect. (BUG)
- Chaotic Rime (Ice Shards) damage is incorrect. (BUG)
- Amulet of Winter damage reduced from 40% to 20%. (BUG)
- Winter’s Wrath recharge was increased to 5 from 4. (BUG)