The Anthem 1.08 update has sprung up out of nowhere and gone live on PS4, Xbox One and, PC. The new Anthem update, otherwise known as Anthem 1.04.01 on PC, isn’t exactly going to re-invent the (worn-down) wheel, but it does introduce a whole bunch of crash fixes, as well as buffering out a series of spawn issues and other glitches. It’s all right here in the Anthem 1.08 update patch notes.
Anthem 1.08 Update
As the 3.5 GB download might tip you off, the Anthem 1.08 update isn’t exactly content-heavy. In fact, BioWare has been working on the fundamentals, namely to stop game crashes. Those on PC should find Nvidia cards being a hell of a lot more stable now, which should make the entire experience just that much smoother.
Enemy spawns fixed
Needed to grind out and kill some Urxis or Titan enemies but just couldn’t seem to come across any, no matter what you tried? It was actually a problem on the game’s end and, once you’ve downloaded the Anthem 1.08 update, the game should be a little more busy in terms of enemy mobs in places where they maybe weren’t as many previously.
Incorrect loot being dropped and other fixes
Elsewhere, the kinks are being worked out on a host of issues. The annoying loot drop issue, which saw you being gifted rewards for Javelins you weren’t currently using, has been removed. The missing items from the Elysian Cache are also now back exactly where they should be.
Finally, those who were unable to talk to Owen during the denouement of Finding Old Friends should discover that Owen has found his voice again, and should be free for you to interact with. Again, this is nothing revolutionary, but it’s baby steps for a game like Anthem, and this fixes could prove crucial for many a player.
Anthem 1.08 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
- Addressed a number of issues that could occasionally cause Nvidia highlights to crash.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Elysian Cache items to not appear until completing another activity or restarting the game.
- The newsfeed will now properly show content again upon launching into the game.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Ursix and Titans to not spawn as frequently in Freeplay.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the screen to shake when enabling DLSS and turning off motion blur.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players not to be able to interact with Owen, or hear his audio at the end of the Legendary version of the mission “Finding Old Friends”.
- Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.