The Fortnite 2.14 update is live today on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC and aims to fix issues caused by the previous 2.13 update. Since the previous update that brought Reboot Vans to the game, a couple of different bugs and glitches have been discovered. So, Epic has released the Fortnite 2.14 update to try and fix some of those issues that have been discovered with Reboot Vans, traps, and more. Below are some highlights from the Fortnite 2.14 update along with a full list of the Fortnite 2.14 patch notes.
Fortnite 2.14 Update
The Fortnite 2.14 update fixed issues across all of the different game modes, along with some that are specific to Battle Royale Mode and Creative Mode. Below are some of the highlights.
Reboot Van Fix
There was an error in Battle Royale Mode that wasn’t allowing players to respawn at the Reboot Van if it was being used by two players at the same time and one of them stopped interacting with it. With the Fortnite 2.14 update, this has been fixed.
There was an issue in all of the game modes that was causing traps to appear on the inside of surfaces, which made them difficult to see. This is understandably a frustrating bug, because it’s pretty hard to avoid a tap if you cannot see it. Thankfully, the issue has now been taken care of.
Respawn Damage Fix
There was an issue in Creative Mode that was causing players not to be invulnerable to damage right after they respawned. The last thing that you want to do is die again right after you respawn, so this is a great fix.
Friends List Fix
Half of the fun of Fortnite is hopping on, checking your friends list, and seeing who is on that you can play with. However, there was an issue that was causing the friends list to not sort properly, and your online friends were not appearing at the top of the list, making them hard to find. Since the Fortnite 2.14 update, your online friends now appear at the top of your friends list.
Fortnite 2.14 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that was causing matchmaking errors when attempting to join a party without a direct invite from the party leader.
- Fixed an issue where players would not respawn at the Reboot Van if it was being used by two players at the same time and one player stopped interacting with it during the channel time.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to jump if they joined a game in progress and there were spawn pads in the game.
- Fixed an issue where players were not invulnerable to damage immediately after respawning.
All Game Modes
- Fixed an issue where traps could appear inside of surfaces, making them difficult to see.
- Fixed an issue where the friend list was not sorting properly. Friends playing Fortnite now appear at the top of the list.
- Made various stability fixes/improvements.