The Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 update patch notes have been shared by Nintendo, alongside the rolling out of the new update today. Users looking to update their Nintendo Switch manually will need to head to the System Settings menu and hit “System Update.” Once the new Switch update has been downloaded and installed the console will reboot. Once it is back up and running, new features will be immediately available. These include a new “Sort Software” feature, a “View All Available News” option, new icons for player profile customization, the ability to transfer save data between multiple Nintendo Switch systems, and more. Read on for the Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 patch notes highlights and full list of changes.
Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 Update Patch Notes Highlights
Once the Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 update has been successfully installed, users are able to access a wide range of new features. The highlights include a “Sort Software” option, which will be great for those Switch players who own a lot of games. Rather than sorting by recently played, which can result in other games becoming buried far down the list, players can now sort by time last played, total play time, software title, and also software publisher. The “All Software” option will appear when there are 13 or more icons on the Home screen.
Players who own or play on multiple systems will be happy to learn that a new “Transfer Your Save Data” feature is now available. This allows save data to be transferred across multiple Nintendo Switch systems. Those wanting to take advantage of this new feature will be able to find the option by heading to: System Settings > Data Management > Transfer Your Save Data.
Other key features include the ability to “View All Available News,” which should help ensure players never miss any crucial information. Also, a Zoom option has now been added, which allows players to get a closer look at text or other difficult to read items.
Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 Update Patch Notes Full List
Improvements Included in Version 8.0.0 (Distributed 04/15/2019)
Added the following system functionality:
- A Sort Software feature is available after selecting to view All Software from the HOME Menu
- Software can be sorted by time last played, total play time, software title, and software publisher
- The All Software option displays when there are 13 or more software icons on the HOME Menu
- A View All Available News option is available within News, allowing you to view all news items currently being distributed
- Go to News > Channel List > View More
- Select from 15 new icons from the Splatoon™ 2 and Yoshi’s Crafted World™ games for your user
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the HOME Menu > Profile
- A feature to Transfer Your Save Data is now available, allowing you to transfer your save data for individual games between your Nintendo Switch systems
- Go to System Settings > Data Management > Transfer Your Save Data
- Save data will not remain on your source system after the transfer process completes
- A Zoom feature can be enabled from within System Settings
- Go to System Settings > System to turn Zoom ON
- Once enabled, you can use the Zoom feature by pressing the HOME Button twice
- An option is available to prevent the system from waking from Sleep Mode when an AC adapter is disconnected
- Go to System Settings > Sleep Mode > Wake When AC Adapter is Disconnected
- This also applies when undocking your console
- A VR Mode (3D Visuals) restriction is available within Parental Controls
- This will also be available in the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app through a later update
- Go to System Settings > Parental Controls
- These settings can also be changed from within Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit
- Hong Kong / Taiwan / South Korea is available for selection in Region
- Go to System Settings > System > Region
- The following names have been changed (functionality remains the same)
- Save Data Cloud Backup > Save Data Cloud
- Transfer Your User and Save Data > Transfer Your User Data
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.