With a heavy focus on melee combat, the Slasher class in World War Z is by far one of the more nuanced. Out of the six classes available, the various Slasher Skills are some of the most intriguing, often focusing on the player’s overall effectiveness against large swarms of zombies. In this guide we’ll discuss the best Slasher Skills available, as well as talk about some good builds for players to try out as they level up this class.
World War Z Slasher Skills
The Slasher class in World War Z is all about controlling the zombie swarm with melee. With such a narrow focus, the Slasher isn’t a class for everyone, and it will greatly rely upon your teammates to be successful. Players diving into this class will find that there are four Core Perks available for the Slasher. These Slasher Skills include:
- Shock Troops – Start with a Stun Gun and a Compact SMG. Melee strikes damage two targets and do twice more damage when you’re not tired. Melee attacks are not slower when tired.
- Slice and Dice – You and all teammates can perform more melee strikes (+2) before becoming tired.
- Executioner – Perform 1 more melee strike before becoming tire. Mele damage increased by 50%.
- Blade Master – Melee strikes damage 1 more target.
Of course, these are only four of the various Slasher Skills available for players to make use of. We’ve outlined the rest of the skills, as well as included their required level information below.
- Shock Troops – Start with Stun Gun and compact SMG. Perform additional melee strikes before becoming tired. Melee strikes damage two targets instead of one. Available at the start.
- Crowd Control – Push radius from melee attacks increased by 50%. Unlocks at Level 1.
- All Elbows – Movement speed penalty when zombies are very close reduced by 100%. Purchasable at Level 2.
- Rooted – The Number of zombies required to pin you down is increased from 8 to 12. Available at Level 3.
- Juiced Up – Stun Gun effect duration increased by 100%. Unlockable at Level 4.
- Zeus – Increase stun gun range by 50% and target count to 20. Available to purchase at Level 5.
- High Voltage – Stun gun damage increased by 100%. Can be unlocked at Level 6.
- Bullet-dodger – Take 90% less friendly fire from bullets while performing melee attacks. Available starting at Level 7.
- Nimble – Take 50% less damage while performing melee attacks. Available to unlock at Level 8.
- With My Last Breath – Melee strikes damage 1 more target when health is below 25%. Unlocks at Level 9.
- Slice and Dice – You and all teammates can perform more melee strikes (+2) before becoming tired. Purchasable at Level 10.
- Trophy Hunter – Deal 25% more damage to special zombies. Unlocks at Level 11.
- Wheatgrass – Health increased by 25%. Can be purchased at Level 12.
- Silent Killer – Start with an TMP5 SMG with silencer upgrade. Available to unlock at Level 13.
- Vigour – Killing 10 zombies in rapid succession with a melee weapon grants temporary health boost. Becomes available at Level 14.
- Cloak and Dagger – Killing 10 zombies in rapid succession with a melee weapon grants a masking effect. Purchasable at Level 15.
- Third Hand – Killing 10 zombies with melee attacks in rapid succession instantly reloads your primary weapon. Can be unlocked at Level 16.
- Shock Therapy – You will not become fatigued when melee attacking zombies electrified by the stun gun. Available at Level 17.
- Heavy Metal – Start with improved Taiga-12 Heavy Assault Shotgun that deals 25% more damage and has 25% more ammo. All Taiga-12 Heavy Assault Shotgun pickups for you also improved. Unlocks at Level 18.
- Battle Cry – Automatically stand up from being pinned after 5 seconds. Can be bought at Level 19.
- Executioner I – Perform 1 more melee strike before becoming tired. Melee damage increased by 50%. Available at Level 20.
- Executioner II – Perform 1 more melee strike before becoming tired. Melee damage increased by 50%. Can be unlocked at Level 21.
- Samurai – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession allows you to hit 1 more target per melee strike for 10 seconds. Unlocks at Level 22.
- Bloodlust – Killing special zombies with a melee weapon will increase firearm damage by 50% for 10 seconds. Available to purchase at Level 23.
- Spare Batteries – Max capacity for stun gun charges increased to 4. Can be bought at Level 24.
- Pickpocket – Killing 15 zombies in rapid succession gives 25% chance to refill one charge to your equipment. Becomes available to purchase at Level 25.
- Loan Shark – Killing a special zombie gives a 25% chance to restore one charge to your equipment. Unlocks at Level 26.
- Flash Sale – Using the stun gun restores 1% of your primary weapons ammunition for every target you stun. Can be unlocked at Level 27.
- Swapping Mags! SMGs’ reload speed increased by 25%. Available at Level 28.
- Adrenaline – Reload speed increased by 50% when health is below 25%. Unlocks for purchase at Level 29.
- Blade Master – Melee strikes damage 1 more target. Can be purchased at Level 30.
World War Z Best Slasher Builds
As stated above, the Slasher class is all about melee and taking out enemies that way. Because of this, many of the skills are based around increasing your melee effectiveness. Slasher Skills like Bloodlust allow you to increase firearm damage by 50% for 10 seconds after you kill special zombies with a melee weapon. This can be great for dealing with swarms as special zombies often try to sneak their way into the ranks.
Of course, you’ll also find some helpful Slasher Skills like Battle Cry, which allows you to stand up after being pinned for five seconds. This can greatly prolong your life, and in turn your team’s survival time, especially on harder difficulties. Finding the best build for your playstyle is all about experimenting, though. We highly suggest trying out various Slasher Skill combinations and building a setup that works best for you and your team.