The new World War Z 1.03 update patch notes have now been made available for the community to feast upon. The new update today is initially rolling out for PS4 players, but developer Saber Interactive has said that that PC and Xbox One players will be receiving the new patch “soon.” Once the new World War Z patch has been downloaded and installed, players will notice key improvements like connectivity issue fixes, tweaked aim assist in PvPvZ, and more. Also, for those playing on consoles, there are some noteworthy Trophy and Achievement fixes.
World War Z 1.03 Update Patch Notes Highlights
Highlights of the World War Z 1.03 update patch notes include stability, gameplay, and UI changes.
Focusing on stability for a moment, the development team has rolled out fixes for an issue causing save file corruption, as well as an issue that caused save backups to restore saves with zero progression. In addition to save file fixes, Saber Interactive has also fixed a large number of connectivity, matchmaking, and party system issues. Gameplay crashes and bugs that caused the inability to progress in levels have also been targeted with this update.
Gameplay tweaks include a fix for the excessive aim assist in PvPvZ, as well as a nerf for the Compact Shotgun damage in the same mode. The cooldown of the “Please Stand Up” perk has been increased, with players now able to use it every 60 seconds.
AI has also been tweaked, with bots’ effectiveness on easy and normal difficulties being reduced. This should give newcomers, and also those who prefer easier modes, a better chance at surviving. What’s more, again on easy and normal difficulties, the objective timer to save friendly NPCs has been increased to 60 seconds.
World War Z 1.03 Update Patch Notes Full List
- Fixed an issue that caused save file corruption.
- Fixed an issue with save backups restoring saves with 0 progression.
- Fixed a large number of connectivity, matchmaking and party system issues.
- Fixed a large number of gameplay crashes.
- Fixed a large number of gameplay bugs that caused inability to progress in levels.
- You will now only gain XP toward weapon upgrades if you have purchased the prior upgrade for that weapon, i.e. level two must be purchased to be able to gain XP toward level 3.
- Fixed an issue that caused excessive aim assist in PvPvZ.
- Reduced Compact Shotgun damage in PvPvZ.
- Increased cooldown of “Please Stand Up” perk to 60 seconds.
- Marking items will now display its icon for your teammates.
- Reduced AI bots effectiveness especially on easy and normal difficulties.
- Increased objective timer to save friendly NPCs to 60 seconds on easy and normal difficulties.
- Minor fixes in UI and localization.
- Fixed an issue with “Strong immunity”, “High caution” and “The most effective way” trophies, which caused the goals to fail if you have failed them once during one game session.
- Fixed an issue with the “Sport kills” trophy, which was harder than intended to get.