The Mortal Kombat 11 May 24 update patch notes are finally here and bring some highly requested features to the game. However, this is only for the Mortal Kombat 11 PC version. This update has some small bug fixes but it also adds the option to make the frame rate higher in some scenarios.
UPDATE: If you are looking for the May 28 MK11 patch notes, you can find those here.
Mortal Kombat 11 May 24 Update Patch Notes | Higher Fatal Blow and Krushing Blow frame rate
Modders were able to mod in the ability to play the game’s Fatal Blows, cinematics, intros, victory screens, the Krypt, and Krushing Blows at 60 frames per second. Today, the studio added that feature a more official capacity to the MK11 PC version as now players will be able to go in and turn on a 60 frames per second mode. It is located in the options and is on by default.
However, the Krypt is a separate option and NetherRealm only recommends players do that if they have a beefy rig. This is probably because of how taxing the Krypt is, as evidenced by how much fog is in the Switch version.
NetherRealm had previously stated that these parts of the game played at 30 frames per second because of the detail needed in the close ups. But the lack of an option for PC players was always a bit peculiar, given how some rigs would be able to run those parts at 60 frames and still have said detail.
The team has often caught flak for the PC versions of its games. Mortal Kombat X was quite broken at launch and the DLC often took months to get to the platform. Injustice 2 didn’t even come to PC until the following year.
Mortal Kombat 11 May 24 Update Patch Notes | Full patch notes
There are more changes too but they are mostly bug fixes. The “various balance changes” haven’t been specified though. You can read the full MK11 PC patch notes below:
• 60 FPS mode – In PC Features, we have introduced the option to turn on 60 FPS in Menus and during Cinematics (Intros/Victories, Krushing Blows, Fatal Blows, etc) and in Krypt separately. We have set this default to ON for Menus however you have to switch the option to ON for the Krypt, as is only recommended on high end configurations.
• Missing reflections – We have introduced the option to turn on/off reflections.
• Crash fixes for users who have crash on launch issues. We are working on other similar issues, so we will keep updating the game with fixes for users who report their crashes to us. – issues caused by outdated Radeon drivers should no longer occur – game crashing on launch/during gameplay cause by drivers for unusual controllers, should no longer occur – game not launching, issue cause by a fault library file, should no longer occur
• Players frequent disconnects –adjustment that should resolve the issue of frequent disconnects for some users
• Fix to Frost Whirring Drill graphical glitch when TAA is disabled
• Localization updates
• Minor fixes for mouse and controller inputs
• Various balance changes
We are also taking measures that target potential cheaters and cheat engines. Also, as always, please make sure you download and install the latest graphics drivers.