The Division 2 1.08 update patch notes (The Division 2 3.1) have been detailed ahead of the lengthy maintenance period. At three hours long, the maintenance downtime starting at 09:30 AM CEST/03:30 AM EDT/12:30 AM PDT is a significant chunk of time. Thankfully, once the new The Division 2 patch has eventually finished downloading and being installed, players will get to experience a number of fixes and improvements that help to make the game more enjoyable. Big new changes include tweaks to the enemy NPC AI, with enemies no longer rushing past players to get into cover, flanking players less often, and reacting more realistically to incoming fire. An armor exploit has also been fixed. The update and required downtime will impact players across all platforms, so PC, PS4, and Xbox One. You find the full list of patch notes for the 3.1 update (1.08 on PS4) below.
The Division 2 1.08 Update Patch Notes List Highlights (The Division 2 3.1)
Improved enemy NPC AI
The unrealistic way that enemy NPCs previously ran past players to get into cover, or would attempt flanking maneuvers a little too often, are two behaviors that have been tweaked. Enemies should no longer sprint right past players when aiming for cover, nor should they flank as often as they previously did. Also improved is the way that enemy NPCs react to combat and incoming fire.
Armor exploit fixed
Hunter Mask and Ivory Keys drops
Another big highlight of The Division 2 1.08 update is the fix for Hunter Mask and Ivory Keys failing to drop. Even when the player had correctly solved the riddle and killed the Hunter/s, the rewards would not drop. Following the installation of patch 1.08, these coveted items should now drop as intended. (Note: This fix should also allow players to retry the Hunters and collect Masks and Keys that they are missing.)
The Division 2 1.08 Update Patch Notes List (The Division 2 3.1)
- Increased tutorial font size on the Mega Map.
- Increased visibility on Collectibles and Caches in the Open World.
- Fixed an issue where the “Loot” tutorial at the beginning of the game wouldn’t appear.
- Fixed an issue where the Field Proficiency toast would not include the gained rewards.
- Fixed an issue where players could remain stuck in the Theater settlement after recruiting Inaya al-Khaliq.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck on the roof of the Grand Washington Hotel mission.
- Fixed an issue where Hunter Mask and Ivory Keys would not drop, even if the player correctly solved the riddle and killed the Hunter(s).
- This fix should allow players to re-do the Hunters and collect the Masks and Keys they are currently missing.
- Fixed an issue where the rate of fire on semi-automatic weapons would be lower than intended.
- Fixed an issue where face masks would appear smaller than intended.
- Fixed an issue where opening a Dark Hours Apparel Cache could cause a continuous loop.
- Fixed an error that removed the Loot All as Junk option. Sorry about that!
- Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would rush past players to get into cover.
- Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would flank players too often.
- Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would not react to any combat until reaching cover or having their movement interrupted.
- Fixed an exploit where armor would scale to unintended values when normalized.