When you first start the game, one of the initial questions you’ll be asking is “What is the Harry Potter Wizards Unite best wand combo?” As you begin registering as a witch or wizard, you’ll be required to go through the wand weighing process. This allows you to choose the best wood, core, flexibility, and length combo of your own personal wand. However, as there are so many choices to pick from, it can be a little daunting to make a decision, especially if you’re not aware that wand choice can be changed at any point during the game, and that the best wand choice comes down to cosmetics only. Your wand choice will not affect gameplay. (At least not yet!)
With all of that said, there are some factors that you may want to consider when picking your wand materials. Here’s what you need to know about the Harry Potter Wizards Unite best wand combo.
Harry Potter Wizards Unite Best Wand Wood
Wand Wood List
- Peculiarly temperamental, Acacia often refuses to produce magic for any but their owner.
- Unyielding, it prefers owners that are helpful and considerate. Alder is best suited for non-verbal spellwork.
- A rare wand wood, Applewood is suited for those with personal charm and high ideals.
- Ideal for those who are stubborn and courageous, but not arrogant or crass.
- Great for aspiring duellists, Aspen wands are usually suited for the determined revolutionary.
- Capable of rare artistry in spellwork, wielders of Beech wands are rich in understanding and experience.
- To properly bond with a Blackthorn wand, its wielder needs to pass through danger or great hardship.
- Black Walnut
- Not the easiest to master, as it is attuned to inner conflict in its wielder, and seeks a sincere, self-aware owner.
- Perception and cleverness pair well with Cedar Wood and owners carry the potential to become a frightening adversary.
- Requires a user with exceptional self-control and strength of mind, as Cherry wands can posses truly lethal power.
- The most versatile wood, users skilled with beasts, herbology, and natural fliers are a good match for Chestnut wands.
- Seeks out the brave, bold and self-sacrificing in its user, as Cypress wands are often associated with nobility.
- While known to perform outstanding spells under pressure, Dogwood wands have a playful nature and are drawn to the quirky and mischievous.
- Wands made of Ebony are suited for combative magic, as well as Transfiguration and serve those who hold fast to their belief.
- The rarest wood to be used in wand making, Elder is reputed to be incredibly unlikely and difficult to master.
- Produces the fewest accidents in casting, and Elm wands prefer users with magical dexterity and native dignity.
- English Oak
- Wielders of English Oak wands are known to have an affinity with the natural world, as well as embody strength, courage, and fidelity.
- Suited for Transfiguration, Fir wands favor wielders that are focused and have strength of purpose, rather than the indecisive.
- Adept at healing as well as curses due to their complex nature. Hawthorn wands are suited for those with a conflicted nature.
- Hazel wands are incredibly tuned to its owner’s emotional state, and are best for those who can manage their feelings.
- Users that are engaged in a dangerous or spiritual quest will attract a Holly wand, its power varying depending on the core paired with it.
- Prefers owners with a single pure passion, and will adapt to its owner’s style of magic, making it difficult for others to use.
- Tricky to handle and harder than most to please. Larch wands will gravitate to those that might not realize their considerable talents.
- Incorrectly labeled as fickle, Laurel wands will not tolerate laziness in its owner, and it is said a Laurel wand cannot perform a dishonorable act.
- A perfect match for travelers and explorers, as Maple wands are suited to those with great ambition and shine when faced with new challenges.
- Perform best when in the hands of the generous and wise. Pear wands are extremely resilient and capable of splendid magic.
- Able to adapt to new methods and spells, Pine wands always choose those who are independent, intriguing and mysterious.
- Wands made of Poplar are known for their reliability and consistency, and prefer owners with a clear moral vision.
- Red Oak
- Perfect for dueling, as Red Oak responds well to those that are quick-witted, light of touch and reactive.
- Attracted to an owner with the ability to make the right choices and falling on their feet, giving Redwood wants the reputation of bringing good fortune.
- It is believed that no dark witch or wizard has ever owned a Rowan wand, based on its affinity for the pure-hearted and its protective nature.
- Silver Lime
- Silver Lime wands are known to perform best for Seers and Ligilimens, and were in vogue in the 19th century.
- Not for the nervous or cautious, Spruce wands work best with a bold spellcaster with a firm hand.
- Eager for adventure and an owner that is curious and vital, Sycamore wands will lose their brilliance if used for mundane tasks.
- As a less commonly used wood, Vine wands match well with those that have hidden depth and seek a greater purpose.
- Walnut wands are often paired with highly intelligent owners, and will perform any task desired by its wielder, as long as they are sufficiently brilliant.
- Seeks those with great potential and some insecurity. Willow wands healing powers, and are good for non-verbal magic.
- Yew wands will find their ideal match with the unusual and notorious, and are reputed to give its user the power of life and death.
Best Wand Wood
While the game does give each wood a character trait, you can ultimately decide yourself what the Harry Potter Wizards Unite best wand wood is for you. This won’t affect gameplay, so just pick the color or grain that you prefer!
It might also be worth considering your Pottermore wand of choice. It could be cool to match that up in the Harry Potter Wizards Unite game.
Another factor to consider when picking the best wand wood for you, if you’re a Harry Potter book or movie fan, is the wood type of your favorite character. Harry Potter, for example, has a wand made of holly, while Hermione Granger has a wand that uses vine wood.
Harry Potter Wizards Unite Best Wand Core
Wand Core List
- Dragon Heartstring
- Produces the wands with the most power, and the quickest to learn new spells. However, they can change allegiance if won from their master, and are the most prone to accidents.
- Unicorn Hair
- Produces the most consistent magic, and the most faithful of all wands. They do not make the most powerful wands, but the wood they are paired with can compensate for this.
- Phoenix Feather
- Produces the greatest range of magic, and shows the most initiative. They are hardest to tame, and phoenix feather wands are often the pickiest when choosing its owner.
Best Wand Core
The best wand core is, again, totally down to your own personal preference. The descriptions for each core might lead you to believe that the choice here will have an impact on gameplay, but it doesn’t. Simply choose whichever sounds most cool to you!
Harry Potter’s wand features a Phoenix Feather core, while Hermione Granger’s boasts a Dragon Heartstring core. If you’re looking for a Unicorn Hair user, both of Ron Weasley’s wands incorporated that core.
Harry Potter Wizards Unite Best Wand Flexibility
Wand Flexibility List
- Quite Bendy
- Quite Flexible
- Reasonably Supple
- Slightly Yielding
- Slightly Springy
- Surprisingly Swishy
Best Wand Flexibility
Again, while the game provides some information that may make you think that flexibility choice impacts gameplay and how the wand actually performs, it’s all just fluff for the lore.
The Harry Potter Wizards Unite best wand flexibility choice all comes down to personal preference. Pick the flexibility that sounds most funny, or maybe match a character’s wand. Harry Potter’s wand is “reasonably supple,” for example!
Harry Potter Wizards Unite Best Wand Length
Wand Length List
- 9 1/2 inches
- 9 3/4 inches
- 10 inches
- 10 1/4 inches
- 10 1/2 inches
- 10 3/4 inches
- 11 inches
- 11 1/4 inches
- 11 1/2inches
- 11 3/4 inches
- 12 inches
- 12 1/4 inches
- 12 1/2 inches
- 12 3/4 inches
- 13 inches
- 13 1/4 inches
- 13 1/2 inches
- 13 3/4 inches
- 14 inches
- 14 1/4 inches
- 14 1/2 inches
Best Wand Length
Again, the Harry Potter Wizards Unite best wand length comes down to personal preference and how you want your wand to appear in-game. While it won’t make your spells more powerful, it will be physically longer or shorter, depending on the size you choose.
If you want to match the famous Harry Potter, then you’ll want to choose 11 inches. If you’re inspired by Hermione Granger, then go for 10 3/4 inches instead.