A brand-new Rainbow Six Siege update is available to download right now. The Rainbow Six Siege Y4S2.1 update is only available on PC today, June 21, 2019. The update will hit Xbox One and PS4 on June 27, 2019. Skip to the end to have a read through the Rainbow Six Siege Y4S2.1update patch notes in full. If you’d rather stick around a while longer, however (who can blame you?) we’ve got the Y4S2.1 update patch notes highlights below for you, if you like a little more meat on your bones.
Rainbow Six Siege Y4S2.1 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
The Rainbow Six Siege Y4S2.1 update brings with it plenty of bug fixes, exploit updates, and improvements to player comfort. As stated above, the new update is available to download on PC right now, June 21, whereas it will go live on PS4 and Xbox One on June 27. Read on for some of the patch notes highlights in a little more detail.
The Rainbow Six Siege development team has been hard at work trying to iron out any exploits that players can think of. The Y4S2.1 update addresses the IQ Operator glitch exploits that have been plaguing the game. On PC, at least, you should be able to now play as IQ without reproducing the annoying exploit. IQ remains unplayable on PS4 and Xbox One until June 27. If anyone is able to reproduce the annoying IQ exploit on PC after the deployment of the latest patch, however, Ubisoft will remove IQ from the PC version of the game until the Operator has been fixed for good.
The Rainbow Six Siege developers have added in a new controller rotation curve option to the game. This is focused “on the early part when shooting and then offering a steady variation until the full movement,” according to Ubisoft. Ubisoft is aiming for “a more consistent curve as players move their joystick further from neutral.”
Along with the exploit fixes and player comfort controller rotation curve alterations above, there are plenty of bug fixes to be found in the Rainbow Six Siege Y4S2.1 update. This includes a fix that means you should now be able to perform a dropshot without losing ADS. Several Operators and maps have had bugs ironed out, too. You can read through the complete list of patch notes below.
Rainbow Six Siege Y4S2.1 Update Patch Notes
The full list of Rainbow Six Siege Y4S2.1 update patch notes can be read below, courtesy of Ubisoft:
We have been testing a solution to some of the exploits that should address the IQ glitch. With this update in place we have not been able to reproduce this exploit internally. As such, we are pushing a patch today on PC only.
We are planning to deploy this same patch on consoles as soon as possible, the earliest deployment window available to us is Thursday, June 27th. Until then, IQ will be removed from the operator selection screen for consoles.
If you are able to reproduce this exploit following the patch deployment, please let us know through the R6Fix portal. If that is the case, we will remove IQ from the operator selection screen on PC as well. We will continue to work on addressing the exploits for Clash and Deployable Shields and share updates as we progress.
Controller Rotation Curve
We are providing an additional option for controller rotation curves. This new version of the curve focuses on the early part when shooting and then offering a steady variation until the full movement. Our goal is to deliver a more consistent curve as players move their joystick further from neutral.
- Fixed – The mouse cursor remains on the screen resulting in loss of control over the camera.
- Fixed – There is no sound when a user crouch/prone while spamming forward with a specific timing.
- Fixed – Users can dropshot without losing ADS.
- Fixed – Performing a sweep just before climbing a ledge in rappel will cause instant orientation change.
- Fixed – It is possible to remove the recoil of any gun by following some steps.
- Fixed – Claymores don’t kill defenders if they prone and go through the laser with their feet.
- Fixed – Transition to ADS during Idle or Run is slower during the HEL activation animation with 5.7 USG and D-50.
- Fixed – IQ loses most of her functionalities if deploying her primary gadget before ending the rappel animation.
- Fixed – There’s space between the Ext Terrace ground and the Pillar Room door frame.
- Fixed – Sounds can be heard coming through a shuttered window on the left side of the North wall.
- Fixed – There is a new way to get on the purple tarp.
- Fixed – Players can spawn peek the Docks.
- Fixed – Players can Parkour up the APC and peek from unexpected angles in 2F Penthouse.
- Fixed – Haze effect is too intense after destroying walls surrounding the room, hindering player’s vision
- Fixed – Players are able to spawn peek on the window sill with the help of Tachanka’s turret.
- Fixed – The explosion fog is too thick near the car in B Garage.
- Fixed – Player can see through a display of 2F taiko from underneath.
- Fixed – Achievement list is not updated on Uplay PC.
- Fixed – MMR shown on previous seasons shows wrong values.
- Fixed – Player Hub brightness increases when switching from operator loadout after equipping an uniform.
- Fixed – Killing interrogated players increments the counter/Activates RFF.
- Fixed – Players under RFF take reverse damage when shooting Maestro’s Evil Eye or Twitch’s Shock Drone while they’re under player control.
- Fixed – Inviting players to Squad after hosting and leaving an online dedicated lobby will cause the invited to join the original lobby.
- Fixed – Error message is received if a user accepts a squad invitation after leaving a Custom Online lobby.