A brand-new update is available to download and install right now for The Elder Scrolls Online on PC and Mac today, July 1. As of writing, however, it doesn’t appear as though the update will hit either Xbox One or PS4. Skip to the end of this guide to have a read through the full list of The Elder Scrolls Online 5.0.10 update patch notes. If you’d rather stay with us for a little while longer (who can blame you?), however, you can have a read through some of The Elder Scrolls Online update 5.0.10 highlights below.
The Elder Scrolls Online 5.0.10 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
As stated above, The Elder Scrolls Online 5.0.10 update is live right now on both PC and Mac versions of the game. The small 134 MB patch packs in a lot considering its small size, too. You’ll find Leaderboard accuracy improvements, a fix for sorting issues in the Guild Finder, and adjustments for the Pummeling Goliath ability. Check it all out below.
Pummeling Goliath Adjustments and Fixes
Fans of the Pummeling Goliath ability will be glad to know that Bethesda has spent some time fixing and adjusting it. This includes, but it is not limited to, an increased bash attack arc visual to help match its visual effects. You’ll find that the bash attack won’t target bridges or targets behind you any longer, which is a bonus, for sure. The Pummeling Goliath bash attack will also now always cost you resources; that’s regardless of whether you hit a target or not. There’s more, too, but you can read through that in the full patch notes below.
General Fixes and Improvements
As well as fixes and adjustments being made to the Pummeling Goliath ability, Bethesda has made some more general fixes and improvements in the latest update. You’ll find that the Leaderboards should have been fixed now, with the top 100 scores now showing as they should. Despite this, there might still be some issues displaying scores beyonethe top 100. This is a visual bug, however, and it won’t effect anything such as rewards.
As stated above, too, the Guild Finder has been fixed. The Guild Finder should now sort the applications from newest to oldest and the blacklists alphabetically by username. There are more general fixes, too (including a Mac Game Client fix) that you can read through in the full patch notes below.
The Elder Scrolls Online 5.0.10 Update Patch Notes
Read through the full list of The Elder Scrolls Online 5.0.10 update patch notes below, courtesy of Bethesda:
Elsweyr Fixes & Improvements
Combat & Gameplay
- Bone Tyrant
- Pummeling Goliath:
- The bash attack from this ability will no longer target bridges or targets behind you in some circumstances.
- The bash attack will now always cost resources, instead of only costing resources if you hit a target.
- Increased the arc from this attack to better match the visual effects.
- The special Bash augment will now use both your Weapon Damage and Stamina, rather than just Weapon Damage. This Ultimate will now also scale dynamically and use your Spell Damage and Max Magicka if they are higher, which is a standard for our Ultimates that scale off your offensive stats.
- Pummeling Goliath:
- Fixed an issue where the Major Slayer applied from Tooth of Lokkestiiz and Perfected Tooth of Lokkestiiz would also apply to damage outside of Trials and Dungeons.
Combat & Abilities
- Fixed an issue where you were able to swap out abilities during combat.
- Bash now scales dynamically in damage, using your Weapon or Spell Damage as well as your Stamina or Magicka, rather than the previous scaling of only using your Weapon Damage. Its total power has been kept the same, but now requires an even balance of these stats to keep the damage the same since it will also require Stamina or Magicka to scale as well.
- One-Hand and Shield
- Deadly Bash: This passive no longer adds a percent damage modifier to your Bash attacks, but instead adds 250/500 Weapon and Spell Damage to them.
Base Game Fixes & Improvements
Mac Game Client
- Fixed an issue where the UI could appear to shimmer on the Mac game client for those using an AMD graphics card on MacOS Mojave.
Quests & Zones
- Removed the quest “In Search of the Ash’abah” from the Alik’r Desert Zone Guide, as it was unnecessary to the actual completion of the plot and could be missed.
- Fixed an issue with the sorting of applications and blacklists to correctly sort by newest to oldest for applications, and alphabetically by username for blacklists.
- Improved the accuracy of Weekly and All-Time Leaderboards. The top 100 scores now appear correctly, but there may be some issues displaying scores past 100. This is a display issue only and does not affect rewards.