Although it’s only just released on PS4 and Nintendo Switch, there appears to be a Dragon Quest Builders 2 day one update on the Switch version, at least. Skip to the end of this guide to have a read through the complete list of Dragon Quest Builders 2 1.6.1 update patch notes. If you’d rather stick with us a little longer (who could blame you?), we’ve got some Dragon Quest Builders 2 version 1.6.1 update highlights down below for you to peruse over. Whether you’re looking to see what new features have been added or whether or not there are any bug fixes, we’ve got you covered.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 1.6.1 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
As stated above, it appears that the 1.6.1 day one update for Dragon Quest Builders 2 is only available to download and install on Nintendo Switch. While there are a few key additions in the patch, you must download the update if you wish to use the game’s online features.
One of the main reasons for the Dragon Quest Builders 2 1.6.1 update is to add in new DLC. After downloading and installing the new update, you will be able to buy and play all of the newly-released DLC the game has to offer up to this point.
Alongside the new DLC offerings, the brand-new Cast Iron Door item has been added into the game. This is on top of an increase in the storage of your bag, armoires, chests of drawers, wardrobes, and more. A “Shallow Mode” has been added to the newly upgraded bottomless pot, too.
On top of the new additions above, several changes have taken place in the game. This includes quality-of-life improvements, stability fixes, and other miscellaneous fixes. Any islanders that you have recruited on Explorer’s Shores can now be renamed, for example. A new password feature allows you to re-visit and recreate islands you have already visited. This can be found within the Buildertopia search function.
To discover everything that has been added, changed, and fixed, please refer to the full list of Dragon Quest Builders 2 1.6.1 update patch notes below.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 1.6.1 Update Patch Notes
Read on for the complete list of Dragon Quest Builders 2 1.6.1 update patch notes, courtesy of Square Enix and Nintendo:
- New DLC has been released.
- A new item has been added – “cast iron door.”
- The number of items that can be dyed has been increased.
- The bag’s capacity has been increased.
- The capacity of certain storage items (chests of drawers, wardrobes, armoires etc.) has been increased.
- A “shallow mode” has been added to the upgraded bottomless pot.
- A password feature has been added to the Buildertopia search that allows you to recreate islands you’ve visited.
- Islanders recruited on Explorer’s Shores can now be renamed.
- The Millennium Buggy Buggy’s lights can now be switched on and off once the game has been completed.
- Friendly golem-type monsters can now be ridden.
- The icon size feature now also applies to icons used during combat.
- The stability of the game controls has been improved.
- Other miscellaneous fixes.