The No Man’s Sky 2.08 update patch notes (2.08a) have been published by developer Hello Games. This is the fifth patch rolling out to live builds of the game in under a week, with support for the new Beyond expansion going “beyond” anything we’ve seen before. With crashing issues continuing to prevent some players from fully enjoying the new content, more patches to help fix these issues are no doubt appreciated. This new No Man’s Sky update, which is currently rolling out on August 22 across PC, PS4, and Xbox One, focuses on implementing key bug fixes.
No Man’s Sky 2.08 Update Patch Notes | Full list
Prefacing the No Man’s Sky 2.08 update patch notes (2.08a) is a message from Hello Games. The developer thanks gamers for playing the new expansion, especially those who have taken the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk (here) or via console crash reporting (this appears automatically). Players who help to identify these problems allow patches to be rolled out more quickly, so it’s worth considering if you’re an avid user.
As we’ve seen from the other patches rolled out since the big Beyond launch, No Man’s Sky 2.08 (2.08a) solely implements bug fixes, with six significant changes listed in the patch notes.
Players struggling with problems related to base ownership, freighter crashes, issues when trying to shut down, trying to boot the game when it’s minimalized, will be eager to read the fixes below:
- Fix to prevent issues with base ownership.
- Improve messaging for error messaging at start-up.
- Fix for freighter crash related to corrupt ship slot.
- Fix for crash when game is shutting down on certain GFX cards.
- Fix for crash failing to initialising graphics card on specific mix of card and driver.
- Deal with game initialising while minimized.
- Fixed a crash caused by invalid customisation data.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur on shutting down the game.
- Fixed an issue where buying technology upgrades with nanites could also remove quicksilver or units.
- Fixed a rare crash when summoning the Space Anomaly.
- Fixed a rare crash in matchmaking.
- Fixed a rare crash when viewing parts in a networked base.
- Fixed a crash affecting AMD GPUs when creating the pipe state on a framebuffer that has not been created yet.
- Fixed a number of threading-related multiplayer matchmaking issues.
- Fixed an audio crash when quitting from the initial screen.
- Fixed a crash when quitting the game during audio initialisation.
- Fixed Steam VR in Linux.
- Fixed a rare issue where joining a full lobby causes an incorrect player ID.
- Fixed an issue where players joining a group can be taken to the wrong system.
- Fixed an issue that caused some network games not to appear in the Join game screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Exocraft Technician to have an incorrect interaction.
- Fixed a crash caused by an invalid base index.
- Maintain forward progress on shader and material load for problematic CPUs.
- Improved fallbacks for out of video memory in low memory situations.
- Fix for rare instance of falling through space station when interacting with vendor.
- Fix for crash when ship pilot being interacted is removed unexpectedly.
- Improved alignment of video memory allocations.