A brand-new World War Z Proving Grounds update has lumbered onto PS4, Xbox One, and PC. If you want to know everything that the World War Z 1.07 update adds, changes, and fixes, skip to the end of this guide to read through the complete list of World War Z 1.07 update patch notes. If you’d rather learn about it all in a little more detail, however, you can read through the World War Z version 1.07 update highlights down below. Time to enter the proving grounds.
World War Z 1.07 Update Highlights
This Proving Grounds update rings in the end of the first season of free World War Z content. We’ve already had The Undead Sea Tokyo mission and the addition of the Six-Skulls extreme-difficulty option. The Proving Grounds update brings with it a brand-new Weekly Challenge Mode, new customization options, new Biohazard DLC weapon variants, and plenty of adjustments and fixes.
Weekly Challenge Mode
World War Z version 1.07 comes with the new Weekly Challenge Mode. This new separate playlist mixes three different unique gameplay modifiers together for new challenges that should rotate every week. Completing these new Weekly Challenges will award you with Challenge Coins. You can spend Challenge Coins on new customization options, including backpack attachments, character skins, headgear, and more to go along with the brand-new Character Outfit Customization feature.
As well as the new Weekly Challenge Mode and the Character Outfit Customization feature, the 1.07 update brings with it the Biohazard DLC. This will set you back $4.99 and contains three brand-new weapon skins as well as a tomahawk axe.
Changes and Fixes
As well as all the new content, the Proving Grounds update brings with it plenty of gameplay changes and fixes. For example, several weapons have been looked at, receiving handy buffs. The Pump Action Shotgun, for instance, has had its damage increased by 7%.
You should also find a whole host of fixes, too. Angel will no longer lose his head during cinematics, which is nice. You’ll be glad to hear, too, that several levels containing bugs that halted your progress have been fixed. Read through the complete list of World War Z 1.07 update patch notes below to find out everything that has been fixed, changed, and added.
World War Z 1.07 Update Patch Notes
Read through the complete list of World War Z 1.07 update patch notes below, courtesy of Focus Home Interactive:
- Added new Weekly Challenge Mode – This is a separate playlist that offers a combination of three unique gameplay modifiers, which rotate every week
- Successfully completing weekly challenges will reward you with Challenge Coins.
- This special currency is spent on unlocking customization options such as character skins, headgear, backpack attachments and more
- Added Character Outfit Customization feature
- Added skins, headgear and backpack attachments for each character
- Added new Classic Battle Rifle weapon and its variants
- Added Biohazard DLC weapon variants
- Players under masking effects will no longer get hit by zombies that are attacking other teammates
- The Bull special zombie will not grab players under masking effects even if he was charging at another player and the masked player was in his way
- The Bull and Lurker special zombies will no longer deal instant damage when grabbing players, providing a small window to prevent damage if the special zombies are quickly killed by teammates
Quality of Life
- Added option to swap triggers and buttons on a controller
- Added option to toggle aim
- Added option to toggle crouch
- Players will be able to sprint if they are holding sprint button as soon as sprint stamina is regenerated. Previously players had to depress and press sprint button again
- Weapon stats progress bars now more accurately display actual gameplay stats. This resulted in some visual changes across all weapons. However, actual gameplay stats did not change
- PvE assists are now rewarded for these actions:
- Healing teammates with a stim pistol
- Healing teammates with a medkit
- Saving a teammate who has been grabbed
- Reviving a teammate
- Teammates using your supply bag
- Killing Infector that infected your teammate
- Added ping display in PvP
- Minor UI and localization fixes
- Pump Action Shotgun. Increased damage by 7%.
- Combat Shotgun. Increased rate of fire by 25%.
- Compact Shotgun. Increased rate of fire by 25%. Increased damage by 5% for versions 4 and 5.
- BF25 Payload Rifle. Increased damage by 25%. Improved version is also affected and has 50% more ammo
- Improved Stun Gun aiming at point blank distances
- Improved effectiveness of vertical Voltage Grid defense kit
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed some gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Fixed Bullet Dodger perk which was giving friendly fire resistance for an inconsistent amount of time
- Fixed issue that caused newly acquired weapons to have less than full ammunition in some cases
- Fixed issue that kept the “Clear Infection” prompt from being displayed on the HUD if player was using melee
- Crossbow bolts will now explode properly if fired by an AI bot (no friendly fire, don’t worry)
- Fixed Stun Gun dealing inconsistent amounts of damage
- Fixed issue that caused already burnt gasoline barrels and puddles to appear as targets for aim assist target selection
- Chainsaw will no longer waste fuel if used against dead bodies
- Fixed issue with scoreboard staying on screen in outro cinematics
- Fixed issue that caused players to be unable to shoot while being healed in some cases
- Fixed issue with shotguns sometimes reloading 2 extra rounds in one reload cycle
- Fixed Infector spit effect staying on the screen after respawn
- Igniting gasoline puddles, using Taser and throwing Molotovs will no longer fail stealth checks
- Fixed issue with “zombies are close” warning sound triggering incorrectly
- Angel no longer loses his head during cinematics
PC Specific Fixes
- Player can now switch shoulders when aiming with Dual Sights Sniper Rifle
- Added option to disable Vulkan Dynamic Resolution in video settings
- Added option to disable Vulkan FidelityFX CAS in video settings