A Pokemon Go Plus failed to connect error message may be causing you and other Trainers a few headaches. The device is supposed to let you catch Pokemon and collect items with ease, but this ongoing issue has been plaguing players for a while now. If you’d like to know how to fix this problem and get back to becoming a Pokemon Master, we’re here to help. You’ll need to read our Pokemon Go Plus failed to connect guide to find out what’s behind the bug and what steps you can take to resolve it.
Pokemon Go Plus Failed to Connect | Unresponsive device
As we mentioned, the Pokemon Go Plus failed to connect message pops up when your Plus accessory is unresponsive when you’re playing the game. Usually, you can click on the Plus accessory once to catch Pokemon or acquire items from PokeStops. However, you can’t do this if your Plus device isn’t functioning properly.
If your device and Plus accessory loses their connection, a simple reconnect normally solves this issue. However, if there’s a bigger issue at play, the two can’t connect and you’ll have problems using the Plus accessory.
Pokemon Go Plus Failed to Connect | How to fix
If you’re being plagued by this problem, there is an option available to you. We’ve listed them below, so read through and try each one to get your Pokemon Go Plus up and running again.
Unpair and repair your Plus device
- Press the function button. It’ll light up blue to show that the device is connected to your mobile phone.
- Wait until the accessory stops blinking. Press and hold the function button for five seconds. The button will turn blue.
- Release the button. While it’s still blue, press and hold for five seconds again. When the device vibrates, it’s been unpaired from your phone
- Head into your phone’s Settings app. Touch “Bluetooth” and search for nearby devices.
- Press the function button on your Plus device. Press “Pokemon Go Plus” when the device shows up in the Bluetooth section.
- Open Pokemon Go. Press the main menu button, and then open “Settings” in the top right of the screen.
- Press “Pokemon Go Plus”. Press the function button on your Plus accessory again.
- Tap on the option when it appears in the game’s devices. The Plus device will vibrate when it’s connected.
If that fails, you’ll need to contact Niantic Support and discover if there’s an underlying problem.