We bet you’re wondering how you can get your hands on the Destiny 2 Polaris Lance. This exotic Scout Rifle could be yours but there’s some confusion over how to add it to your gun collection. If you’ve only started playing Bungie’s RPG shooter since it went free-to-play, you probably won’t know where to find it. Luckily for you, we’ve got the answers that you see. You can read our Destiny 2 Polaris Lance guide for more details including what quest you need to complete in order to get your own.
Destiny 2 Polaris Lance | Nascent Dawn mission
In order to get your very own Destiny 2 Polaris Lance exotic weapon, you’ll need to complete every step in the Nascent Dawn quest. There are four steps to complete in order to unlock this Scout Rifle, which sounds like it could be a bit of a grind. Technically, there are five quests to complete, but the fifth one is for the Polaris Lance Catalyst. If you are interested in getting that too, you’ll find it at the bottom of this article.
Before you get access to this quest, however, you’ll need to complete the final mission of the Warmind DLC. This mission, called A Piece of the Past, needs you to be at least 340 Power. Given that everyone starts at 750 since Destiny 2 went free-to-play, however, you can complete this as soon as possible.
Once this mission is done, you’ll want to head back to Ana Bray in the Mars Patrol area. Speak to her and she’ll give you two quest items to complete. One of these is Nascent Dawn, and you’ll need to complete the five steps in the correct order to get Polaris Lance.
Thankfully for you, we’ve provided a rundown of each main step, and their sub-quests, that you’ll have to complete to get this exotic. You might have completed some already, so skip on to the bit you’re at if you have. If you haven’t, start at the beginning and work your way through.
Destiny 2 Polaris Lance | Quest steps
Each step of this quest is under a new sub-header, so it’s easy to locate the position that you’re up to. Hopefully, it’ll be a breeze for you to complete each step and get the Polaris Lance as soon as you can. Good luck, Guardian, and make it your own.
Quest Line 1
- Complete three Patrol missions
- Complete one Lost Sector
- Find the first Sleeper Node located within Dynamo Approach
- Reward: Granted the ability to unlock Override Frequency locations
Quest Line 2
- Get 25 Javelin kills. You need to play Mars Public Events to unlock the Javelin. Do this first if you haven’t and then get back to this quest
- Complete the Psionic Potential Adventure on Heroic mode. You have to have completed every other Mars mission to unlock this, so ensure you’re up to date first
- Find the Ma’adim Subterrane cache inside the Lost Sector
- Reward: Braytech RWP Mk II Scout Rifle
Quest Line 3
- Complete 10 levels of Escalation Protocol. You can replay the first level 10 times to navigate this sub-quest with ease, so do that
- Complete three Vanguard Strikes
- Find the Olympus Descent cache
- Reward: Masterwork Braytech RWP Mk II Scout Rifle
Quest Line 4
- Get five precision multi-kills without reloading. You’ll also have to get 20 other kills by other means
- Complete the Fury mission on Io
- Find the Mindlab: Rasputin cache
- Reward: Polaris Lance Exotic Scout Rifle
Quest Line 5
- Get 15 Javelin multi-kills
- Complete three Crucible matches
- Complete the Strange Terrain mission
- Find the Alton Dynamo cache
- Reward: Polaris Lance Exotic Catalyst. This will generate Orbs on multi-kills and track the number of enemies you kill using this weapon