The Afterparty trophies and achievements aren’t as tedious as Night School’s last game, Oxenfree. This game only requires two playthroughs, but each one requires that you do specific tasks. In order to make sure you don’t miss anything, here’s an Afterparty trophy guide and roadmap to make sure that platinum trophy or 1,000 achievement points are yours.
Afterparty Trophy Guide and Roadmap | Overall guide
There are a lot of missable trophies and achievements in Afterparty. This is mainly encapsulated in the endings so be very sure to back up your save at the end to make sure you get all three finales. That is very important, which is why it’s at the top. So once you get to the final showdown, exit out and back up your save on a USB stick. Then finish it, upload your save on the stick to your system, and then repeat it until you get all three endings.
Other than that, make a mental note of your choices (which isn’t hard since there aren’t many). There are only a few branches here but there are two kinds of trophies that are tied to those choices. You need to favor Milo in one playthrough and Lola in the other. You can read more about that below but be sure to pick a side and stay with it (even if you don’t have to).
Also make sure to drink every drink you come across. When you pull up to a bar, down all four drinks and then leave the bar and continue the game with the one you want. This will help you drink “a lot” of drinks for the It’s Fine You’re Already Dead trophy. Also try to pick all the speech bubbles with swearing options in them. You need to do this 20 times but there are more than 20 total swear-laden dialogue options. Just try to get them out of the way because some are missable and some only come up with certain drinks. Even though you have to play twice to get everything, you should get these out of the way.
Afterparty trophy guide and roadmap
Thanks For Not Reading A Book Instead (Get all trophies)
- This is self-explanatory. Just get all the trophies and you’ll get this one.
Welcome to the Show (Kick off your adventure in Hell)
- Story-related. Unmissable. You will get this once you finish the first mission in the Schoolyard Strangler mission.
The Myth of the Miserable Musician (Get an Invite to Satan’s from Lynda)
- You’ll be given a choice to get an invite from Bicker after you unsuccessfully try to get into Satan’s party. You can either go help Lynda or help a fellow named Fela. Choosing Lynda in the bar in the top right corner of the map will get you this trophy. This obviously comes at the cost of the next trophy with Fela.
The Saga of the Schoolyard Sentinel (Get an Invite to Satan’s from Fela)
- You’ll be given a choice to get an invite from Bicker after you unsuccessfully try to get into Satan’s party. You can either go help Lynda or help a fellow named Fela. Choosing Fela and going back to the bar you started the game in will get this trophy. This comes at the cost of the previous trophy with Lynda.
The Drama of the Demonic Divorcee (Get Asmodeus’s Seal of Approval)
- Story-related. Unmissable. Satan will task you with getting seals of approval from Asmodeus and Apollyon after you get the party pass to get into his big house. You’ll get this trophy even if you beat him in the dance off.
The Tale of the Treacherous Trial (Get Apollyon’s Seal of Approval)
- Story-related. Unmissable. Satan will task you with getting seals of approval from Asmodeus and Apollyon after you get the party pass to get into his big house. You’ll get this trophy even if you let Mr. Spaghetti into heaven.
Multiplayer’s Overrated (Play as Milo after fighting with Lola)
- The trophy will pop once you get all the seals and go back to Satan’s house. Wormhorn will declare one of the protagonists a “winner.” There will be certain choices that favor Milo or Lola in the game. You can sort of mix and match but just make sure to mostly pick Milo’s side to get this trophy. You can play it safe by only picking his choices. These choices include:
- Charm Tommy with beer pong in the Schoolyard Strangler, which is Milo’s plan.
- While helping Fela, pick Eliza as the bad person.
- When you meet Satan for the first time, pick Milo as the person that speaks to Satan.
- When trying to get Asmodeus’ Seal, let Milo win the dance competition.
- When trying to get Apollyon’s Seal, throw the trial, which is what Milo wants.
He Wasn’t Helping That Much, Anyway (Play as Lola after fighting with Milo)
- The trophy will pop once you get all the seals and go back to Satan’s house. Wormhorn will declare one of the protagonists a “winner.” There will be certain choices that favor Milo or Lola in the game. You can sort of mix and match but just make sure to mostly pick Lola’s side to get this trophy. You can play it safe by only picking her choices. These choices include:
- Distract the bouncer in the Schoolyard Strangler, which is Lola’s plan.
- While helping Fela, pick Greg as the bad person.
- When you meet Satan for the first time, pick Lola as the person that speaks to Satan.
- When trying to get Asmodeus’ Seal, get Asmodeus and Beth back together and throw the dance competition.
- When trying to get Apollyon’s Seal, send Mr. Spaghetti to heaven and let them show the demon’s guilty letter, which is what Lola wants.
Friends to the End (Reunite Milo and Lola)
- Once Milo and Lola split near the end of the game, you have to go back to the Schoolyard Strangler. You probably can’t miss this one but make sure to pick the right dialogue options and not be rude to the other person and you’ll both get back together.
Better to Reign in Hell… (Intentionally lose to Satan)
- Make sure to back up your save on a USB stick at this point before taking Satan on. To intentionally lose to Satan, refuse to take a drink and keep refusing. Eventually, he will give up and you’ll get this trophy.
Well At Least You Lost (Fail to beat Satan)
- Make sure to back up your save on a USB stick at this point before taking Satan on. This is similar to the last trophy except that you have to actually play and fail that way. Just fail a few times and then accept your loss, despite Satan’s efforts to get you to keep playing.
Long Hard Road Out of Hell (Beat Satan and earn your way back home)
- Make sure to back up your save on a USB stick at this point before taking Satan on. You actually have to beat Satan in one round of stacking cups. This is incredibly difficult since Satan hardly drops his glasses. You’ll need to do this quickly and nearly flawlessly. He does give you extra chances but just beat him and you’ll earn your way out of Hell and get this trophy. If you lose, just pause and quit out to the main menu and try again. Try not to overcorrect with the stick too much when dropping your cup. Let the sway of the alcohol do the extra work and just time your drop when your floating cup hovers over the glass on the table.
She Likes You Enough, I Guess (Made friends with Sam)
- When you have reunited with Milo or Lola and near the end of the game, Sam will be driving you back from the Schoolyard Strangler. She will ask if she can stop by and do something first. Say yes and she will take you to a separate area and then be your friend once you get done with that short diversion.
It Does Have Its Charms (Make friends with Wormhorn)
- After Satan sentences Wormhorn to die during the story, be nice to her when she floats up after and visit her in the Schoolyard Strangler before you go talk to Milo or Lola (the one you aren’t playing as). She will be by the beer pong table on the far right. Once you talk to Milo or Lola and make up, go back to the beer pong table and you’ll be able to play a game with her. Pick the nice conversation options and you’ll make up with your ex-personal demon.
Bottom of the Barrel (Recruit the Drunk Idiot Demon for Satan’s final challenge)
- Once you’re riding back to Satan’s place for the final challenge after you’ve tried to reunite Milo and and Lola, you’ll be asked to bring some friends with you. Deny literally all of them and then you’ll text the annoying guy from the first bar in the game. The trophy should pop right after, which you can see at the top of this article.
Match Maker, Match Maker (Reunite Beth and Asmodeus)
- You can earn this trophy when trying to get Amodeus’ Seal. Just be sure to throw the dance competition after fetching her from the other bar and they’ll get together.
Lucky Shot (Play a perfect game of beer pong)
- This one is a little difficult but you need to sink your first three shots in any beer pong game. You can do this against the demon in the first bar, Wormhorn near the end, or Satan at the very end. Given the difficulty, it’s easier to do it against the demon in the first bar. Regardless, once you miss a shot, just pause the game and quit to the main menu to try again.
Fancy Footwork, Nerd (Don’t miss a step while dancing)
- This one isn’t as difficult but it’s tedious, given the slight input delay. You can dance in two scenarios: the one where you pick Lynda’s quest in the beginning and the one against Asmodeus. Similar to the beer pong trophy, just pause and quit to the main menu if you miss a beat. Just pay attention and you’ll easily get this one done. The timing doesn’t matter. Just hit the buttons in the right order before the timer runs out.
“Impressive!” – Somebody, Probably (Play a perfect stacking game)
- This one is probably the most difficult of the three. You only have two chances to get this one: against Apollyon and Satan. Your best bet is to do this against Apollyon. You’ll need to do this quickly since Apollyon is very good at this game. Pause and quit to the main menu if you miss and break a glass. Try not to overcorrect with the stick too much when dropping your cup. Let the sway of the alcohol do the extra work and just time your drop when your floating cup hovers over the glass on the table.
A Real Connoisseur (Try 20 different drink types)
- There are more than 20 types of drinks in the game so you don’t need to drink every single drink but it’s good to get this out of the way. If you have been drinking every drink, you should get this during your mission to get all the Seals. Make a habit of downing every drink one after another once you make your way to a new bar.
Rated M for Reasons (Intentionally curse twenty times)
- This one is difficult because it is one of the more missable trophies. Just be sure to pick every dialogue option with a swear word in it or the option with the naughtiest word (it’s unclear but plausible that it counts lesser swears like “damn” or “hell”). There are more than 20 instances of swearing but don’t take your chances. Some are easy to miss and some are locked behind alcohol. The liquid courage alcohol type seemed to give the most unique swear words but almost all of them are in the regular non-booze options. Just be sure to talk to everyone you can, especially everyone on Asmodeus’ level (especially the DJ).
It’s Fine If You’re Already Dead (Drink a lot of booze)
- “A lot” just means around 40 full drinks. You can do this in the first bar at the college if you want. But it would probably be wise to just get this one as you try to get A Real Connoisseur. Just pound every drink for that trophy and then drink a few more in each bar to get to the required number. It’s not difficult but it can be tedious if you put it off.
Bored at Work (Waste 20 minutes on Bicker)
- Just hit the touchpad on PS4 or the View button on Xbox One and tab over to the Bicker tab. Just leave it open for 20 minutes. Go eat dinner or take a long satisfying bathroom trip and you should have it when you get back.
Satan’s Best Friend (Pet the damn dog)
- The literal damned dog is in Satan’s house. Once you get in, walk all the way to the right and go outside. Go even farther right and you’ll see this demon dog with an interaction prompt over his head. Pet him. He’s a good boy even in Hell.