The troublesome Red Dead Redemption 2 PC launch is causing a huge uproar in the community, as many players are simply unable to join Arthur Morgan in his bold adventures. The “Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC exited unexpectedly” error is the main culprit for the current state of the game, but there are plenty of niggling issues that are impossible to ignore. Recently, Rockstar released a small Red Dead Redemption 2 PC update branded 188.8.131.52 on November 5 that is hopefully going to fix some of these issues.
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Update Patch Notes November 5 | RDR2 hotfix
Stuttering in cutscenes, FPS drops, random crashes, online mode experiencing really low frames per second are a few of the issues that Red Dead Redemption 2 PC players are suffering from when launching the game, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Flooded by support requests, Rockstar released a surprise Red Dead Redemption 2 PC update that weighs 85 MB.
Initially, it was unclear what this patch fixed exactly, as many players are reporting that the Rockstar Launcher crashing issue remains as pertinent as ever. However, a small minority of people are claiming on Reddit that this patch fixed the frame rate issues that they had while playing online, entirely removing the worrying stuttering.
It’s recommended that you exit the Rockstar Games Launcher in case you don’t see the patch notice. Considering the small patch size, the game should be up and running in a minute or so. The official patch notes are available below, take a gander to see if there is something that could help you out.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “The Rockstar Games Launcher failed to initialize” on startup.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher preload decryption getting stuck and not completing.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “The Rockstar Games Launcher exited unexpectedly” when launching Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in crashes when starting the Rockstar Games Launcher from the Epic Games Launcher.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “Unable to launch game, please verify your game data” when launching Red Dead Redemption 2 from the Epic Games Launcher.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is having a rough first day on PC, with several issues preventing players to launch the game or fully enjoying it without encountering some game-breaking bug. At least, those who managed to effortlessly play it can enjoy the Red Dead Redemption 2 mods for PC, because who hasn’t dreamed of playing the game as The Joker?