Following a slight delay, there is a brand new Gears 5 update today. Skip to the end of this guide to read through the complete list of Gears 5 title update 2 patch notes. Stick with us a little longer, however, and you can read through a number of the Gears 5 November 7 update highlights below. These include the upcoming Golden Gun event, Ranked improvements, and more.
Gears 5 Title Update 2 Patch Notes | Highlights
As stated above, the new Gears 5 update hit a small delay, but it should be available to download from November 7, 8 AM PT. To make things a little more confusing, too, there will be a server-side update a few hours after the title update 2 goes live to introduce the Gears 5 Golden Gun event and other weekly content. The actual patch contains several improvements and fixes, including the game’s Ranked modes.
Golden Gun Event
To celebrate the 13th anniversary of the Gears of War series, The Coalition is bringing the Golden Gun mode from Gears 4 into Gears 5. Everyone taking part in Golden Gun will be equipped with a golden six-round Boltok that instantly kills enemies. You can only fire from the hip with the Golden Gun, however, so practice your aim before you go in.
Ranking Improvements and Other Fixes
Ranking improvements, unfortunately, mean a Ranking reset. You’ll receive a free Blood Moon Imago skin for your troubles, but your ranking will be reset following the update. You will need to replay five placement matches before you can gain any Rank following the new update. Thankfully, there should no longer be such a dramatic swing in points and ranks from now on.
There are a good number of general fixes, too, thanks to the update. You can now be gibbed by Sarah Connor’s Ultimate if you are in one-shot range, for example. The Weapon’s Locker should no longer eat weapons in certain circumstances anymore, either, which is nice. Read through the complete list of patch notes below for every fix.
Gears 5 Title Update 2 Patch Notes
Read through the complete list of Gears 5 title update 2 patch notes below, courtesy of The Coalition:
- Improved the consistency of the Boomshot with changes to the behavior of the secondary ‘bomblets’
- Flashbangs will no longer affect players through cover
- Full fix for the drop weapon exploit, including re-enabling weapon drops
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to be perma-flashed in a match
- Fixed a bug that could cause Enemies in Escape to sometimes be unaffected by Flashes
- Fixed a bug causing the Weapon’s Locker to eat weapons in certain circumstances
- Added a new check to prevent players using certain low covers to shoot through walls, ignoring muzzle block
- Resolved an issue causing the Gnasher to have bullet magnetism while ADS when Aim Assist is disabled
- If no users vote for a map in Quickplay, the next choice will now default to a different map on the same mode rather than the same map
- Fixed a bug that caused players to have to wait a couple of seconds before being able to reload when Hijacking a Boomshot Scion
- Power granted at the start of the Horde match is no longer applied as Power Gained in Tour
- Sarah Connor: Enemies can now be gibbed when in one-shot range using her Ultimate
- Fixed an issue that could cause enemy AI to teleport and ‘double vault’ if their vault is countered
- Fixed an issue that could cause Scions to have a fully black model after being killed in Escape
- Players can no longer share Power with AI teammates
- Total Enemies Killed stat for Campaign now tracks correctly
- Escape Leaderboards no longer show ‘Top 0%’
- Resolved a state where audio could be lost in Act 4 in 3 player co-op
- Additional miscellaneous bug fixes