Just like you and your allies, enemies in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) can make use of several different types of equipment to give them the edge in battle. Whether it’s pesky planted explosives like claymores — which, as it happens, were recently nerfed — or something else entirely, players are able to turn these gadgets against their opponents through the use of an in-game perk. Here’s everything you need to know about how to hack equipment in Modern Warfare.
How to hack with the E.O.D. perk in Modern Warfare
The Modern Warfare E.O.D. perk allows players to soak up reduced damage from fire and explosives that aren’t sourced by enemy killstreaks. That’s a nice little aside to what’s perhaps the main attraction, however, as the perk also enables players to hack hostile claymores, proximity mines, C4, and Trophy Systems.
E.O.D is available to all players from the start of their multiplayer career, and can easily be equipped then put to use as follows:
How to hack equipment
- From the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare main menu, select “Multiplayer.”
- Navigate to the “Weapons” tab.
- Select “Edit Loadout” and then your pick of any “Custom Loadout.”
- Scroll down to “Perks” and select it.
- Equip E.O.D. in the “Perk 1” slot.
- Start a multiplayer match of your choosing.
- When you spot a piece of enemy equipment, approach it from behind to be presented with a button prompt.
- Hold down the button to perform a hack, but note that you’ll be left vulnerable for several seconds when hacking.
It’s also worth noting that as of the most recent update, some players have reported being unable to perform a hack when prompted. If you’re encountering this problem, don’t worry too much, as you aren’t doing anything wrong. It’s a Modern Warfare hacking glitch that should be fixed by the developers sooner rather than later.