Did you make the wrong choice when you chose your user name in Call of Duty: Mobile? Don’t worry, the mistake can be unmade. There are two different options that can be used to change your name in Call of Duty: Mobile, with one being the proper way and the other being a free workaround. Regardless of the method you choose, the only prerequisites are a few moments of your time and/or a small sum of COD Points. Here’s how to change your name in Call of Duty: Mobile, including details on how to change your name for free by taking advantage of the game’s social media integration.
Call of Duty: Mobile | How to change your name
Changing your name in Call of Duty: Mobile the intended way is a simple process, but it does require that you spend 500 COD Points on a Name Changing Card. Beyond that, user names can only be changed once every three days, so it isn’t something that you’ll be able to do any time you like. Here’s how the process works:
- First, load up Call of Duty: Mobile.
- Find your name at the top of the main menu and tap on it.
- Navigate to the second menu tab and open the Player Profile.
- Tap on the Edit icon near your existing user name.
- At the prompt, enter a new name, then tap on Change.
- If there’s no Name Changing Card in the player’s inventory, it’s here that they’ll be prompted to purchase one for 500 COD Points.
Considering that this method costs COD Points, it is considered by some players to be a waste of resources. After all, those COD Points could easily be used to buy something that will make the game more enjoyable. Still, it is the official method, and it’s one that will likely continue to work for as long as the game is being actively supported. However, there is another method that does not require spending any hard-earned currency.
Call of Duty: Mobile | How to change your name for free
It should go without saying that some users aren’t thrilled to learn they have to spend their hard-earned COD Points in order to change their name in Call of Duty: Mobile. Fortunately, there is a free workaround. The catch is that it involves a fair amount of (admittedly redundant) work as well as an active Facebook account. Here’s how to pull it off:
- Launch Call of Duty: Mobile, then log in using the Facebook option.
- Close the game, then completely uninstall Call of Duty: Mobile.
- Reinstall Call of Duty: Mobile, then launch the game again.
- Once the game is running, log back in using your Facebook credentials.
- After logging in, the game will prompt the user to enter a new name.
Given that this isn’t the way developers intended for players to change their name in Call of Duty: Mobile, it’s possible that this free method won’t continue working forever. With that said, it is at least a cost-free option for players who are convinced that their second choice will be the one that they’ll stick with moving forward.
These are the only two proven ways to change your name in Call of Duty: Mobile, at least so far. There is little doubt that players will prefer the free option over the paid option, but the social media runaround may prove to be more work than its worth. For everyone else, the cost of 500 COD Points will likely be enough to make up for the convenience of not having to uninstall and reinstall the game files.