Are you tired of squinting while trying to live the adventurous life of a space cowboy in The Outer Worlds? The tiny font size is one of the most common complaints regarding Obsidian’s latest RPG, but luckily The Outer Worlds 18.104.22.168 update was just deployed to fix this issue. The update is now live on PC, PS4, and Xbox One and solves a few other problems with this game from the makers of Fallout: New Vegas.
The Outer Worlds 22.214.171.124 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
If you had any doubts that the font size fix was in demand, a quick look at the patch notes will tell you that the community really pushed for this to happen. Now you have a toggle to increase font size across several areas of the game, including dialogue text, cinematic subtitles, and other places. In a game about choices, you finally have the choice not to get close to the computer screen to read the minuscule text.
On the other hand, if you like to hunt achievements or trophies left and right while playing The Outer Worlds, there was one specific achievement that wasn’t popping correctly. The Outer Worlds 126.96.36.199 update addresses this, enabling you to continue your quest. Reaching Tartarus occasionally resulted in a severe bug, as the game crashed, another error that has been fixed.
Some players may have noticed that The Outer Worlds’ foliage on Xbox One was somewhat diminished when compared to the PS4 version. It’s a weird discrepancy that surely didn’t affect your fate as a stranded space colonist, but now the vegetation is similar in both versions.
There are a few more issues that this hotfix addresses, included muffled sounds on PS4, the Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced, and a couple of quests were bugged. Obsidian took to this and The Outer Worlds now features less bugs.
Unless Obsidian spots some other glaring issues, future The Outer Worlds DLC will hopefully bring new adventures to every sci-fi fan out there.
The Outer Worlds 188.8.131.52 Update | Full Patch Notes
Top Community Requests
- The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
- Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
- Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest
- Fix for “Radio Free Monarch” where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party
- Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4
- The achievement/trophy for “It’s Not the Best Choice” will pop correctly