A brand-new Need for Speed Heat update is available to download and install right now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Race to the end of this guide to read through the complete list of Need for Speed Heat 1.03 update patch notes. Stay with us a little longer and take in the views of the Need for Speed Heat version 1.03 update highlights below, however. Time to find out everything that has been fixed in the new latest update.
Need for Speed Heat 1.03 Update Highlights
If you’re looking for some new content in the latest Need for Speed update, we’re here to immediately burst that bubble. There is nothing new being added. Instead, this is a patch that’s primarily aimed at bug fixes and stability improvements. Surprisingly, however, the update is over two GB on PS4. Make sure you have enough room to download the update.
Fixes and Improvements
The main fix in this update has been made to night time race intros. People have been complaining that these intros last too long with lengthy load screens. Thanks to this update, the loading screen times should be reduced. This has come at a cost to the visuals in the night race intros, however. You will notice that the effects have been reduced. The developers hope to add it all back in thanks to a later patch, however.
Alongside the shorter loading screens before night races, other fixes have taken place. You should now earn Bank and Rep rewards upon completing the first races in the game, for example. The game should no longer be crashing when using community wraps or wraps with a lot of layers, either, which is definitely an upgrade. Read the full list of patch notes below for more information on everything.
Need for Speed Heat 1.03 Update Patch Notes
Read through the complete list of the Need for Speed Heat 1.03 update patch notes below, courtesy of EA on Reddit:
Environment – Night race intros
- You’ve reported long loading screens before the start of races, and we have made an effort to reduce these. While we hope you’ll notice this improvement, you might also notice something else. When you play after the update, the visual effects will be less spectacular during the intro and start of a night race. More specifically, there’ll be no fancy lights, smoke, fire or spectator’s cars. While this isn’t ideal, we wanted to improve the stability and reduce loading times in the short run, and we are aiming at bringing back these effects in a future update.
No Bank or Rep rewards awarded for playing the first races in the game.
- Some players would not earn any Bank or Rep rewards when they first played the game. Prior to the update, this could be resolved by restarting the game – which should no longer be necessary now, as it shouldn’t be happening anymore in the first place.
Inventory sync error
- There were rare cases where upon choosing “Play Solo” or “Play Online”, players would be prompted with a message that their local and online inventories do not match, and asking if they wanted to sync them. In a few cases, when choosing yes, Bank and cars would disappear, while story progression and Rep level remained.
- We’re sorry this happened – it should now no longer occur, and players should find the Pre-Order and Deluxe cars again in the dealership to purchase for 0 Bank.
Crashes & Freezes
- You reported that using community wraps or wraps with a high amount of layers could cause some issues. We’ve taken a closer look, and this should no longer cause the game to crash.
- Additionally, we fixed some other instances where the game could freeze or crash, which should increase the overall stability of the game client.
Fixed an issue where trial users could experience an extended black screen when they first launched the game.
Fixed an issue where players were unable to invite crew members using the search function.
Fixed an issue where using a specific controller on PC could crash the game.