The Warhammer Vermintide 2 2.0.15 update is live after undergoing an experimental test during the past week. Let us tell you right from the outset that this isn’t the kind of update that adds new maps, characters, or any other content; instead, using the valuable feedback that Fatshark collected, the devs were able to work on a host of fixes and enhancements that should significantly improve the Warhammer Vermintide 2 gameplay loop.
Warhammer Vermintide 2 2.0.15 Update Patch Notes | Highlights
According to words coming straight from the devs’ mouths, this update was built upon the community feedback with a clear focus: to bring back the excitement and thrills previously provided by the combat loops and clashes within Helmgart, which are now “out of whack.” The patch is meant to improve the density of enemies in the region, the always helpful sound cues, and some bugs that occurred when your foes spawned “inside” players. Sounds like a terrible place to be, but it should be a thing of the past now.
Apparently, players weren’t pleased with the high difficulty of the end events pertaining to several missions, and these ended up being tweaked as well. Now, these events will be less punishing on higher difficulty levels, but they are more manageable on lower difficulties. There were other adjustments to the events, which hopefully will contribute to making the experience more seamless and enjoyable.
The Warhammer Vermintide 2 heroes saw some of their skills rebalanced, and an observant eye will apprehend that quite a few critical hits were delivering less damage than expected, when using certain weapons—crossbows, staffs, and flaming swords, among others, should no longer underperform in the heat of battle.
If you were one of the unlucky few that managed to become stuck in Skittergate, or has the habit of falling to your doom because of a non-existent hang ledge, these are a couple of issues that were solved as well. At least, there should be fewer cases of insta-kill with the release of the Warhammer Vermintide 2 2.0.15 update.
Warhammer Vermintide 2 2.0.15 Update | Full Patch Notes
Fixes and Tweaks
- Fixed various UI strings.
- Various crash fixes.
- Fix for missing localisation for one of the paintings.
- Fixed an issue where having too many enemies alive prevented completion of the ‘Cage Breaker’ challenge on Against the Grain.
- Fixed bots taking damage when they are teleported to you/a team mate whilst mid-air.
- Enemies, notably the Chaos Spawn and Rat Ogre (but this does apply to all enemies) will slowly nudge players who find themselves stood within the enemy unit, through expiration of a cloak ability or other such means. This fixes situations where enemy AI could not reach the player stood “inside” them.
- Fixed battle wizard career ability fire trail going further than the player travels. Fixed fire trail not appearing if player jumps over a gap in the navmesh* (*the path on which AI can travel).
- Fixed fire bombs not aggroing patrols if they step on the fire, now applying dots to enemies to alert them.
- Fixed an issue where the Achievement “Ride Together, Die Together” could not be completed on Legend difficulty.
- Changes the backstab trigger to calculate on clients instead of server.
- Updated all hidden spawners on all levels to try and combat facespawning issues.
- Updates to enemy considerations to try and fight hyperdensity.
- Updates to horde spawning, primarily targeting ambushes.
- Fixes issue where the host hear the backstab indicator when bots are being backstabbed
- Refactored all explosions which should result in better syncing of explosions across host and client(s).
- Updated how sweeps are calculated for:
- 1h Swords, Kruber and Sienna.
- Dual Wield Daggers, Kerillian.
- Dual Wield Swords, Kerillian.
- Spears and Shield, Kerillian.
- Spears, Kerillian.
- 2h Swords, Kerillian.
- This should reduce the chance of getting Phantom Sweeps when playing at low fps and/or very high attack speed.
- Added Push/Block angle to weave melee weapons. An issue caused these to not display properly as an option that could be selected.
- Gors no longer use their kick attack since it telegraphed very poorly.
- Reduced the speed of the Gors attacks by approximately 10% across the board.
- Adjusted Beastmen jump/climb up timers to reduce snappiness.
- Fixed missing sounds on Kerillian’s Shield+Spear.
- Fixed missing sounds for Bardin’s hammers.
- Overhauled the sound mix to improve enemy specials awareness.
- Removed spawn stingers for Ratling Gunner, Warpfire Thrower.
- Fixes hordes spawning without the horde music and ambiance.
- Fixed an issue where enemies using the combo attack (Plague Monk etc) wouldn’t face their target.
- Beastmen and chaos ambush horde music now triggers earlier to give a better indication for the player when they are about to be engaged.
- Beastmen and chaos horde ambiance has been changed to the same effect.
- Beastmen Standard Bearers no longer engage patrols when they put down their banners.
- Fixed a case of super fast Gutter Runner behaviors. Seemed to be an interaction between assassin rats and edges in terrain/geometry. Keep us posted!
- Fixed some situations where patrols spawned too close to the player.
- Fixed an issue where Chaos Warriors sometimes could hit player that were very close behind them when performing their overhead cleave attacks.
- Fixed an exploit with Fire Walk and Slayer’s Leap which allowed some solid objects to be passed through.
- Fixed an issue where clients would deal more damage when they were the original cause (Sienna venting for example).Bulwark’ Talent – Fixed an issue that caused the bonus damage to enemies you stagger to be applied to ranged attacks. Now only affects melee attacks.
- Sienna – Battle Wizard – Flame Walk – She can no longer target her flame walk whilst airborne. This is mechanically unchained, but previously you could target whilst airborne but you couldn’t use the ability.
- Sienna – Battle Wizard – Kaboom! – Now applies the proper burning effect on both the start location and the target location.
- Mercenary – Blade Barrier – Fixed an issue where the talent could not be triggered if you had the talent “Enhanced Training” selected.
- Markus Kruber – Mercenary – Walk it Off! – Now refreshes duration if Morale Boost is activated while the damage reduction is active.
- Kerillian – Shade – Vanish – Changed icon of the invisibility buff to indicate that Kerillian is under the effect of Vanish.
- Saltzpyre – Witch Hunter Captain – The Unending Hunt – Fixed an issue that caused the the ability to refund 80% cooldown rather than the intended 40%.
- Saltzpyre – Witch Hunter Captain – The Unending Hunt – Fixed an issue where the cooldown would not be properly reduced while playing as a client.
- Saltzpyre – Zealot – Heart of Iron – Fixed the talent from not preventing death if the damage taken is greater than the total max health of the player.
- Bardin – Ranger Veteran – Firing Fury – Now refreshes duration of reload speed buff if triggered again.
- Crit Counter buffs of Mercenary and Zealot now show when they trigger.
- Empire Longbow – When zoom is held, will maintain zoomed in state instead of flipping in and out after each shot. Should yield a smoother experience when using the longbow.
- Bolt Staff – Fixed an issue where the second level of charge for the spear had less cleave than the first and third level of charge.
- Swiftbow – Increased headshot damage of charged attacks.Longbow – Increased headshot damage of light attacks.
- Longbow – Increased Body shot damage of charged attacks vs Berserker-class enemies.
- Fixed issues where critical hits dealt less damage to certain enemy types with certain weapons:
- Repeating Crossbows, Saltzpyre and Kerillian.
- Blunderbuss and Grudge-Raker, Markus and Bardin.
- Hagbane impact damage, Kerillian.[*]Fireball Staff, Sienna.
- Bolt Staff, charge level 2 heavy spear attack.
- Flamethrower heavy attacks, Sienna and Bardin.
- Shield heavy attack slams, Markus and Bardin.
- Dual Axes push attack, Bardin.
- Flaming Sword claw attack, Sienna.
- Greathammer, Bardin and Markus.
- Cermonial Dagger – Heavy attack 1 chains slightly faster into heavy attack 2.
- Beam Staff – Fixed sometimes not doing charged shot while holding right mouse button and left mouse button is spammed.
- Hagbane – Removed projectile penetration on charged shot to make sure it always creates poison cloud on impact.
- Fixed issue where the player wouldn’t respawn or take a really long time to respawn in the final arena part of a Weave.
- Skittergate: Fixed a case of Skippergate.
- Skittergate: Fixed a cliff edge which had no hangledge and heroes whom fell there were just insta-killed.
- Skittergate: Bots should now behave a bit better around the ledges during the escape.
- Skittergate: Fixed various AI navigation and sticky locations.
- Athel Yenlui: Fixed a handful of sticky locations.
- Tweaked the end events of the following missions:
- Convocation of Decay.
- Fort Barkenbörken.
- Garden of Morr.
- The Screaming Bell.
- Righteous Stand.
- Engines of War.
- The end events should be less punishing on higher difficulties, and slightly less challenging on all difficulties across the board.