Respawn has lifted the lid on the upcoming Apex Legends December 3 update, revealing the significant changes that it will bring to the battle royale game. An Apex Legends level cap increase is likely to be the most appreciated introduction, but there are some exciting player level progression changes coming as well. And let’s not forget about the new gun charms that are going to make all that shooting even more stylish.
Apex Legends Level Cap Increase | Player Level Progression Changes and Gun Charms
The Apex Legends player level cap increase is a substantial one. The current level cap is increasing from 100 to 500, and there are some changes to turn the process into a smoother and more rewarding experience. For instance, the XP required to reach level 100 was reduced by roughly 5%.
But the best is that you can earn a total of 199 Apex Packs when you hit level 500. Here is a detailed breakdown of all the goodies that you receive up to level 500:
- Level 2 – 20: One pack every level (19 Apex Packs total)
- Level 22 – 300: One pack every two levels (140 Apex Packs total)
- Level 305 – 500: One pack every five levels (40 Apex Packs total)
- You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level and per 18,000 XP at level 500
- All players will be retroactively awarded any Apex Packs they should have received under this new system
Before this change, Apex Legends players would get 45 Apex Packs up to level 100, but from now on you will earn 59 Apex Packs. Furthermore, you’ll earn a new badge every 10 levels from level 110 to 500. At levels 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500, you’ll earn a Player Level Gun Charm based on the badges in the above image.
Each level requires a maximum XP of 18,000 starting at level 58, an important change considering that this requirement in the old system started at level 26. This will remain steady until level 500.