Thanks to the success of The Witcher on Netflix, many players are either discovering CD Projekt’s seminal RPG The Witcher 3 for the first time or reprising their role as Geralt of Rivia in 2020. When attempting to tackle the Scavenger Hunt: Griffin School Gear side quest in Velen, however, the adventure can take a turn for the worse should you find yourself unable to access Lornruk lighthouse. If you’re stuck at this point in the game, all you need to do is stick with our The Witcher 3 search the ruins of the fortress by the lighthouse objective guide and we’ll have you back up and running in no time.
How to access Lornruk lighthouse in The Witcher 3
After embarking on the Scavenger Hunt: Griffin School Gear side quest in The Witcher 3, you’ll eventually reach what appears to be an impasse. At the edge of a cliff is a bridge leading to Lornruk lighthouse, though the lighthouse drawbridge is up and seemingly the area is inaccessible as a result. With the employment of a little ingenuity, however, that’s not the case.
There are a couple of options available when it comes to reaching the lighthouse:
The Witcher 3 how to jump to Lornruk lighthouse
- Sprint down the left side of the bridge leading to the lighthouse
- When nearing the end, veer right in order to jump towards a rocky outcrop just right of the drawbridge
- If done correctly, Geralt will grab on, at which point you can climb the wall and enter Lornruk lighthouse
If you didn’t make the jump, don’t worry, as you can also gain access via the water.
The Witcher 3 how to swim to Lornruk lighthouse
- Drop from the bridge or cliff face into the water and navigate to the Place of Power on a small island to your right
- Pass the Place of Power to re-enter the water, then immediately dive and swim to your right
- You should be able to see an underwater cave entrance, though if not it should also appear on your mini-map
- Swim through the cave and then climb your way up to the lighthouse