Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players now have the distinct privilege of dual-wielding pistols in spectacular akimbo fashion. The ability to dual-wield weapons in Modern Warfare was added in Season 2, and requires a little bit of work to unlock. Fortunately, the challenges aren’t too difficult, and players will be taking down opponents Modern Warfare akimbo style in no time. Here’s how to unlock the akimbo pistol abilities in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Akimbo | How to unlock
In order to unlock the akimbo ability and dual-wield weapons in Modern Warfare, you’ll have to complete one of five different challenges. Each of the akimbo challenges is tied to one of five different pistols and perks, and completion of the challenge will unlock the option to dual-wield that specific weapon.
Here are the five different Modern Warfare akimbo challenges you’ll have to complete. Remember that each challenge is tied to a specific pistol; in order to dual-wield all of them, you’ll have to complete all five challenges.
- 1911: Earn three kills in five different matches with the Mo’Money perk equipped
- X16: Earn three kills in five different matches with the Sleight of Hand perk equipped
- M19: Earn three kills in five different matches with the Frangible-Wounding perk equipped
- .357: Earn three kills in five different matches with the Recon perk equipped
- .50 GS: Earn three kills in five different matches with the FMJ perk equipped
For those who haven’t been keeping up with the latest trends, the Modern Warfare akimbo ability was added in the Season 2 update version 1.14. As a new addition for Season 2, the Akimbo weapon perk has been made available within the Gunsmith system. Not only does it allow players to pack even more pistol firepower, it just looks cool. It might not be very realistic, but we’re certainly not complaining.